Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (32 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Do you know how many times i had to explain why i support Algeria? But you were banned for a long time, so its natural that you must have missed it.

I support all Arab teams mate, whether it was Algeria, Egypt, Saudi Arabia whoever.

Can't argue against their bad sportsmanship though.
Sorry, Fred, I had never read your explanation. It's fair enough I guess, I just didn't understand because you seem to be a fan of teams that have a very different style. You reckon they can go far? I really don't like them, but they're a difficult team to play.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
That's just wrong gio.. You wish England well?! I couldn't possibly like a country with players like Terry in it.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Ahh, gotcha.

I'd rather USA do well, they would pose less of a threat in later stages, if we were to get past the quarters.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Sorry, Fred, I had never read your explanation. It's fair enough I guess, I just didn't understand because you seem to be a fan of teams that have a very different style. You reckon they can go far? I really don't like them, but they're a difficult team to play.

To be honest i am not very optimistic that they will go far at all. I think there is a certain aura of arrogance in their camp, they underestimate Slovenia, and that could be their downfall.

Another thing is, they are overly dependent on set pieces, 60-70% of their goals in qualifiers were scored from set pieces, and while that worked well for them against the unorganized African teams, i doubt they would stand much of a chance against the likes of England and USA in the air.

Its a shame really, that they play the way they do, because they have some really talented players, the problem is their coach Saadane has always been a negative coach, that likes to sit back and depend on the odd mistake by the opposition or a set piece. But with the talent they have, they should be looking to play a more expansive game if you ask me. In short, i'd be a happy man if they reach the second round, but i very much doubt they will.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Who do you support 7? Let me buy you a Palm and tell me you support your friendly neighbours :D
I wouldn't mind the Dutch going far, but at a certain point the Oranje madness can get quite annoying. It's not the players or the coach or even the media. It's just that well.. let's say that Dutch people who visit Antwerp for a night out generally aren't the most gracious kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)