Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (136 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2006
Cannavaro and Bonucci were running arround like robbed Jews.
Italy will get through their group but unless they play like 300 times better they will get destroyed by any of the top teams. If Mexico can make them look so pathetic imagine Brazil or Argentina.. Problem is the squad is just not good enough like you look on the bench to Quag or Pepe to Save you? Last world cup they had Inzaghi and Del Piero

el Manco

May 25, 2010
Italy will get through their group but unless they play like 300 times better they will get destroyed by any of the top teams. If Mexico can make them look so pathetic imagine Brazil or Argentina.. Problem is the squad is just not good enough like you look on the bench to Quag or Pepe to Save you? Last world cup they had Inzaghi and Del Piero
Please, sb tell me Del Piero doesn't deserve a place after you see this game..

Defense will be different with Chiellini. I am sure.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
its disgusting to see how bad di natale sucks in the squadra ... every ball he tried to receive bounced many metres away and got cleared ... the rest was crap too ...

we again see that criscito does offer NOTHING going forward and zambrotta on the right is just useless... pirlo is always two steps too late and with those old "champions" you can not win anything ... they just dont have the legs anymore and any decent and fit under 19 team could beat them just based on the better athletics

Mar 30, 2006
Please, sb tell me Del Piero doesn't deserve a place after you see this game..

Defense will be different with Chiellini. I am sure.
I dont think DP deserves a place with the likes of Cassano and Totti around this season. But if you dont call them .. then you call him..

But you got to call someone who can dictate the attack and create stuff. I have never seen a more one dimensional italy just kicking the ball forward aimlessly.
Since there is no one in the squad they need to play Pirlo as a CAM and I think it will help if Marchisio is further back cuz Italy lack energy back there with Prilo .. but lack creativity upfront.. so that would solve it. Also Camo needs to get fit ASAP

Dec 31, 2008
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular]Lippi: 'It's not the real Italy'[/FONT]
Thursday 3 June, 2010
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Marcello Lippi insists “this is not the real Italy” and blames the performance against Mexico entirely on fitness work.

“We spent 10 days in the mountains and came down today to face a side that has already played seven friendlies, so was obviously in better shape,” he said of the 2-1 defeat in Brussels.

“The game should only be read this way. I know these players very well and this really wasn't their true form, it was not the real Italy.

“They had heavy legs and it's not important to be in good shape now, but rather in about 10 days.

“If we too had played seven games without training or focusing on fitness work, then we'd be playing well right now too.”

The Azzurri have planned only one more friendly ahead of their World Cup debut against Paraguay on June 14.

That will be on Saturday evening against Switzerland in Geneva. The Mexico defeat ended an eight-match unbeaten run for Italy, who had never previously lost to El Tri.

Carlos Vela and Alberto Medina got the winning goals, tempered only by a late Leonardo Bonucci tap-in.

The overall performance was poor, as Mexico had 65 per cent of the possession.
[/FONT]

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I missed the last 15 and two goals :sergio:

Really, really sloppy today, I can't imagine they will play anywhere near that level of shite when it matters, far too many lazy individual mistakes, but we all know it's not a special Italy. Get a couple of group wins and see where momentum leads. It'll be a slog, even against New Zealand, because Italy are serial underestimators, but in the ko anything can happen.

I hope Camo fails the test because Italy needs an fallback option like Cossu for when Di Natale is not at the races, or for the right side. He's been brilliant all season but Italy is different. Italy tried to push the play more towards Mexico to get the forwards closer to the action, but that just left a comedy high line that Mexico got into from the flanks because the midfield didn't even look like putting three passes together.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular]Lippi: 'It's not the real Italy'[/FONT]
Thursday 3 June, 2010
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Marcello Lippi insists “this is not the real Italy” and blames the performance against Mexico entirely on fitness work.

“We spent 10 days in the mountains and came down today to face a side that has already played seven friendlies, so was obviously in better shape,” he said of the 2-1 defeat in Brussels.

“The game should only be read this way. I know these players very well and this really wasn't their true form, it was not the real Italy.

“They had heavy legs and it's not important to be in good shape now, but rather in about 10 days.

“If we too had played seven games without training or focusing on fitness work, then we'd be playing well right now too.”

The Azzurri have planned only one more friendly ahead of their World Cup debut against Paraguay on June 14.

That will be on Saturday evening against Switzerland in Geneva. The Mexico defeat ended an eight-match unbeaten run for Italy, who had never previously lost to El Tri.

Carlos Vela and Alberto Medina got the winning goals, tempered only by a late Leonardo Bonucci tap-in.

The overall performance was poor, as Mexico had 65 per cent of the possession.
[/FONT]
Mexico should look sharper really. I think the lack of friendlies could have caught Italy cold, the same as it might with England, but I can understand teams with all their players in the top leagues not playing many friendlies.

Mar 30, 2006
I missed the last 15 and two goals :sergio:

Really, really sloppy today, I can't imagine they will play anywhere near that level of shite when it matters, far too many lazy individual mistakes, but we all know it's not a special Italy. Get a couple of group wins and see where momentum leads. It'll be a slog, even against New Zealand, because Italy are serial underestimators, but in the ko anything can happen.

I hope Camo fails the test because Italy needs an fallback option like Cossu for when Di Natale is not at the races, or for the right side. He's been brilliant all season but Italy is different. Italy tried to push the play more towards Mexico to get the forwards closer to the action, but that just left a comedy high line that Mexico got into from the flanks because the midfield didn't even look like putting three passes together.
It looked like Lippi forgot to coach them on how to crete attacking moves. Mexico was far superior and Mexico is not that good a team.. they were beaten in their last few friendlies by actual good teams.

Mar 30, 2006
Mexico should look sharper really. I think the lack of friendlies could have caught Italy cold, the same as it might with England, but I can understand teams with all their players in the top leagues not playing many friendlies.
I dont understand why all the other teams arranged friendlies before hand compared to Italy .. Spain and England had already player 2 before Italy's first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 136)