Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (76 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
neither is this your "normal team"
BUFFON

BONUCCI - CANNAVARO - CHIELLINI

MAGGIO - DE ROSSI - PIRLO - MARCHISIO - CRISCITO

DON'T CARE - DON'T CARE​
So this formation looks really sweet but here is my attempt to break it down.

2 Forwards - Would ideally receive support from pirlo and marchisio eventually this shift into a 3-4-3 IMO with marchisio playing a mid/support pillar for pirlo

Pirlo- As stated before he isn't the same pirlo. Physically he's not there but mentally ? Top class imo . So as long as de rossi can forget about attacking and cover pirlo's ass then we will have a good WC

De Rossi- As I just stated he needs to be told to cover's pirlo's ass. I want this guy to become gay for a world cup and act like Pirlo is his girlfried who he would die for. kinda like gattuso. Pirlo kinda looks good with his long hair lol j/k

Marchisio- I'm confused as far as he's role goes. BUT here is what I think it will end up like. He will be someone for pirlo to play off of , 1-2's etc. I think he's our best pushing forward. As long as he exploit his atheltic abilities (being young) and skill going forward we could juice a couple goals from this lad and assist

Maggio- Isn't he a rb/rm ? either way he is going to play your classic mid. Track back and attack. I would he plays wide 24/7. He NEEDS to sit on the touch line. mentally I would like him to be defensive minded.

Criscito- Same as maggio

BOLD= Play goes through these players all creativity, possession etc. of course others will assist but mainly these players. And to finish Cannavaro is the beginning of all this. if chiellini and bonucci can cover for him speed wise then he's set.

Buffon

Bonucci--Cannavaro--Chiellini

Maggio--De Rossi--Pirlo--Criscito

-----------Marchisio--------

Forward--Forward​

See the rhombus they create? Soccer is all about mini triangles thats how barca play and ideally this is how it would play out on the field of course marchisio would some times play behind pirlo along with De rossi .

Here is my 2Cents am not a coach nor do I know much about tactics but I tried plz don't eat me alive

At the end of the day :flag1:

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
what the fuck is Montolivo doing there?! :howler:
Lippi thought him as Pirlo's reserve if Pirlo doesn't play as he expect.

I thought Camo is injured and Cossu will get his place. Although Camo is Juve player but i think for this WC Cossu deserve the team than him. I think Camo won't fit 100% in WC

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The Italian team is one of the rare ones, or maybe even the only one (?) without a single player that won a trophy this year.
Actually, the last time one of these players won a trophy was back in 2008 when Cannavaro won La Liga and De Rossi won Coppa Italia. None of them won anything in the last 2 seasons.

Even more, only 1 of the 23 players plays for one of the top 2 teams in Italy, De Rossi, and since all the players are from serie A De Rossi is the only player with a top 2 finish this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)