Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (71 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I cant pick out of Cassani/Maggio Lippi will drop. I'm 51% sure it'll be Cassani who misses out as Maggio is a touch more versatile.

My other picks to get dropped are Sirigu, Quagliarella, Camoranesi and possibly Gattuso.

el Manco

May 25, 2010
I cant pick out of Cassani/Maggio Lippi will drop. I'm 51% sure it'll be Cassani who misses out as Maggio is a touch more versatile.

My other picks to get dropped are Sirigu, Quagliarella, Camoranesi and possibly Gattuso.
Cassani and Maggio will probably both be left out and so will Bonucci. He doesnt have experience. Besides Lippi doesnt need more than 5 defenders. He'll probably keep all 4 GKs just in case and the attackers of course.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I highly doubt any manager would go to a one month tournament with 5 defenders. There is no way he's dropping Bonucci BTW.

IMO the defenders will be: Canna (CB), Chiellini CB), Bonucci (CB), Zambrotta(RB), Criscito(LB/LWB), Bocchetti(LB and CB) and Maggio (RB/RWB).

And LOL @ taking 4 goalkeepers. You cant be serious.

Again, he needs to drop another five players and if you break it down this is how I think it will be decided.

GK: Sirigu (Id rather keep him than De Sanctis)
DF: One of Maggio/Cassani will be dropped
MF: ONe of Cossu/Camoranesi will be dropped
FW: I see it as a battle between Pazzini/Borriello and Quagliarella/Rossi to be dropped.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Last time I said I thought someone was a double it turned out they weren't, when the level of idiocy was nearly on par with this guy.

I'm happy just ignoring him, to prevent the next blunder. :D

Dec 31, 2008
Report: Prandelli pens Italy contract
Sunday 30 May, 2010
Cesare Prandelli has signed a four-year contract to take over the Italy squad after the World Cup, according to reports.
Sky Sport Italia claims that a meeting between the Fiorentina Coach and Federation President Giancarlo Abete took place this morning.

It is believed Prandelli put pen to paper on a four-year deal that will take him through Euro 2012 and the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

There are still some details to be clarified, such as his staff and potential buy-out clauses.

Marcello Lippi has already stated he will leave the Azzurri after the World Cup in South Africa.

Prandelli is only set to be presented with an official Press conference after the tournament.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
He has no other option but to call up younger players. Cannavaro, Gattuso, Pirlo, Camoranesi, Zambrotta, Grosso all gone before 2012. I may have missed a couple out.
Di Natale and even Iaquinta too. When they reach 34 and 32 respectively, there's nothing to expect from those two.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It will be interesting to watch what he'll do with an aging squad.
He won't, he'll call up the players for the next generation. Players reach a certain level of ability, experience and recognition only by playing in international football, CL football (maybe getting moves to those clubs soon), but it'll be a transitional period for Italy. Two years ago look where Marchisio was, or Chiellini in 2006, players like Bonucci, Ranocchia, Balotelli, Santon, Poli or whoever gets the chance will step up to that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)