Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Shit, when you look at it Italy really do have an abundance of pretty good options upfront. And this isnt even taking into account players like Balotelli, Miccoli and Cassano who will be nowhere near selection.

If only they had these selection headaches in defence.

Grosso, Cannavaro, Chiellini, Criscito, Zambrotta, Legrottaglie and who else will he pick? Santon? Bocchetti? Bonucci?
Is De Rossi going?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Just rewind back to when he got that incredible Juventus team knocked out way too early in the CL, when he should have made the semi finals at the very minimum.
I know. But he won't want to make the same mistakes again. Moreover, I think his sort of mentality suits a single knockout instead of the two-legged system of the CL.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I think Gila, Toni, Pazzini (maybe), Quag, Di Natale, Pepe can only look good in Serie A but in the World Cup they will be shown up, especially with the zombie midfield Italy has. Plus the defence, bar Chiellini is crap so they're gonna really need to score a bit if they want to compete.

Italy's only chance in the WC would require monster performances from Buffon, Chiellini and De Rossi. Pirlo on form would help a lot too.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Its really all about Lippis supposed man management skills, and seeing if he can get the absolute best out this group of players in a one month tournament.

Club form and other factors go absolutely out of the window in these tournaments. Ronaldinho came into the last WC as the FIFA World Player of the year and flopped badly.

Scoring goals wont be the problem for the Azzurri IMO, it will be keeping them out.

AND PS. You make out Serie A as if its some pub league. Newsflash, its still at least the 3rd best league in Europe and at a level that a majority of the players at the WC would barely even play at. A little bit of perspective please.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Why are you so confident of that?

Italy wont win it, but neither will England. And I reckon if Italy met England in this tournament, Italy would win. England are a bunch of chokers at this level. No foreign superstars to save your average international team.

And to add to that, if Rooney is out of this tournament...LOL.
Average? :lol:

On paper our National side is arguably one of the strongest. This year they have Cappello running the show a manager who is proven to do well with teams he will take England to the Semi's I'll assure you of that. Italy upon facing anybody decent will be completly outclassed.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

On paper our National side is arguably one of the strongest. This year they have Cappello running the show a manager who is proven to do well with teams he will take England to the Semi's I'll assure you of that. Italy upon facing anybody decent will be completly outclassed.
It's possible. Nice to see that good old English tournament optimism is back.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

Italy, being Italy, may well be outclassed against a good team.

Italy, being Italy, may well win the game anyway.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I want England or Germany to finish second in their group so that they face each other in the first knockout round.

With ze Germans winning on penalties.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
It's possible. Nice to see that good old English tournament optimism is back.
I usually don't get draw into such arguments but in no way are England an average team.

Andy we'll see what the US does before you continue to spout your repeated bullshit towards the English and it's national side.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I usually don't get draw into such arguments but in no way are England an average team.

Andy we'll see what the US does before you continue to spout your repeated bullshit towards the English and it's national side.
Not average, no. I think that if the draw goes to plan then England will meet Germany in the QF's? That could go either way really, knowing the Germans. They are a tournament team, just like Italy, they often find a way.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Not average, no. I think that if the draw goes to plan then England will meet Germany in the QF's? That could go either way really, knowing the Germans. They are a tournament team, just like Italy, they often find a way.
Indeed, Germany can become a tuff opposition on their day or a rather average one. If we do meet them I do hope it's on their average day. In no way will England win the World Cup but I think they will do well this year, sole reason being Capello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)