Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I have Libyan citizenship. Yet you want me to call myself Scottish because i haven't lived in Libya before.

I don't feel Scottish, but you think i'm wrong in not feeling Scottish, don't you?

So it is confusing, because all my life i thought i was a Libyan, now all of a sudden i find out i hail from the Queens country.
I didn't say you should try to be Scottish, but rather absorb more of the culture since you lived there.

If you have Libyan citizenship, then that is fine. It is particularly weird though that you've never lived there, so how you "feel" Libyan isn't really understood. I couldn't imagine feeling "American" if I was raised in Burkina Faso, my nationality of choice.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I didn't say you should try to be Scottish, but rather absorb more of the culture since you lived there.

If you have Libyan citizenship, then that is fine. It is particularly weird though that you've never lived there, so how you "feel" Libyan isn't really understood. I couldn't imagine feeling "American" if I was raised in Burkina Faso, my nationality of choice.

Well i do go there almost every summer, plus my parents and family are Libyan. I speak Arabic at home not English, so thats probably a contributing factor too.

Fred did very well to avoid absorbing the 'culture' of Glasgow.
I knew you'd like that :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Fred did very well to avoid absorbing the 'culture' of Glasgow.
Well, now that isn't for me to say. :D

Well i do go there almost every summer, plus my parents and family are Libyan. I speak Arabic at home not English, so thats probably a contributing factor too.
I suppose that makes sense, but it's difficult to see how you wouldn't pick up more of the culture of the other nations in which you lived. Unless you're with your parents at home all the time..

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Well, now that isn't for me to say. :D

I suppose that makes sense, but it's difficult to see how you wouldn't pick up more of the culture of the other nations in which you lived. Unless you're with your parents at home all the time..

Simple, I'm an Arab. We are the very definition of close mindedness :D

Apr 12, 2004
I only have Libyan citizenship. Only country i feel any affiliation to, which is why i never thought about getting another passport.

In a country that is essentially made up of immigrants that may be the case. But not all the time, i was born and raised in Britain, but i didn't adopt the British mindset(whatever the fuck that means), i still feel Libyan, i never pursued a British passport and never will and i speak Arabic as my mother tongue.

Are you saying that despite all that, i should consider myself British?

That doesn't sound right.
Shut up, CHINK!
That means you or your folks didn't try to assimilate, which is a shame.

If you live in another country, IMO you should try to assimilate.
Because they are close minded and are gays because they think they are better than everyone.
You see you're being close minded about this. The point i am trying to make is there is no universal rule on nationalities. Its not as simple as you're trying to make it sound.

On a more personal note, why should we assimilate? its not like we left our country to immigrate to another country. My Father went to work in Glasgow, that does not make us Scottish.

Also, how about people who have lived all their lives in the UAE. The UAE does not give out nationalities to immigrants, do you think people should assimilate and consider themselves Emirati's regardless?
UAE sucks, bomb that shithole.
Nationalities are very concrete and simple. You simply are, or you aren't. It's called citizenship. No races, no nonsense, just you being a citizen of a country. If you have dual-citizenship, that's fine as well. It's not at all confusing.

If the UAE doesn't allow immigrants to eventually become citizens, then that's their rules and their loss. Just another reason to dislike the place and choose not to go there.
Exactly.
I have Libyan citizenship. Yet you want me to call myself Scottish because i haven't lived in Libya before.

I don't feel Scottish, but you think i'm wrong in not feeling Scottish, don't you?

So it is confusing, because all my life i thought i was a Libyan, now all of a sudden i find out i hail from the Queens country.
THEN BE LIBYAN, NO ONE CARES!

I was thinking the same thing, how do you "feel" like a culture.

I "feel" different from most dumb Americans, but it doesn't mean I'm not American.
Simple, I'm an Arab. We are the very definition of close mindedness :D
Exactly.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Judging by the comments though, you guys are just as close minded as us apparently. Its either the American way or nothing to you guys.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
'Why does Lippi ignore me?' Monday 8 March, 2010

Palermo striker Fabrizio Miccoli has asked why Italy boss Marcello Lippi continues to ignore him.

The 30-year-old has scored 10 goals this season, the last two of which have been absolute stunners.

But he still wasn't included in Lippi's squad for Italy's friendly against Cameroon in Monte Carlo last week, which ended 0-0.

Asked to explain why Lippi doesn't call him up, Miccoli said: “You need to ask him. Anyway, I am moving on.

“If I am honest, it hurts me. I would at least like to be taken into consideration.”

----------------------------
Ok, I know that Miccoli isn't liked by many here and even by the Juventini in general. But if we put the bias aside, we can agree that he's one of the best Italian attackers at the moment.

If Cassano and Balotelli aren't options for Lippi then only Del Piero can compete with Miccoli, ability wise, for the SS position.
I don't really care if Lippi takes him or not, but I see no logic in taking guys like Quagliarella at the WC and ignoring a pure talent in great form like Miccoli.
Was there some misunderstanding between Lippi and Miccoli in 2004? I don't remember.
I remember that there was a small war between him and Moggi, but I don't remember anything between Lippi and Miccoli.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
--------------buffon----------------
-motta-chiello-ranocchia-criscito-
-----de rossi-pirlo-marchisio-------
----cassano--iaquinta--balotelli----

id say thats a pretty good team, my worry is the defense really, doesnt look to strong and i dont want to see the oldies back there.

as for attack and midfield id say its pretty lethal.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Miccoli is the sort of player that Lippi can afford to take one of. But Miccoli answered his own question really, Lippi doesn't take players with his temperament.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
--------------buffon----------------
-motta-chiello-ranocchia-criscito-
-----de rossi-pirlo-marchisio-------
----cassano--iaquinta--balotelli----

id say thats a pretty good team, my worry is the defense really, doesnt look to strong and i dont want to see the oldies back there.

as for attack and midfield id say its pretty lethal.
That defence might not look too strong now but has very good potential. Italy doesn't have as many problems for players as people like to make out, Lippi just likes to pick his oldies and that is up to him. He won the World Cup and thinks he can do it again with many of the same players. It's just about the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)