Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (34 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2004
What passport should i have?

Thats the real question isn't it? Because Rossi has an Italian passport but should not be playing for Italy according to Andy.
That's not the question, which one do you possess?
I never said he shouldn't play for Italy. If he has his passport, he can play for them. But that still makes him a traitor to the USSF and a subsequently the US, and gives me a right to hate his guts and wish the worst for him. He's a cunt player and his family should be sent to Guantanamo under football terrorism charges. Love to see an Eduardo-type injury to BOTH his legs.
DA!
I don't really have an opinion on the matter. Too complicated imo, especially because different countries have different views on nationalities. What i don't agree with is the notion that you are from the country your raised in.
You adopt the mindset of the country in which you live the longest, which is why traditionalist persons who bring their children here, to the US, like Mexicans, Indians, Chinese, for example, forbid their children marry outside the religion or nationality. When, in fact, these children often do not and it brings "shame" on the family. A Jew marries a Gentile, an Indian marries a Bovine, a Muslim an Israeli, shit like that happens all the time in the US and it is an almost purely American mindset. One would not see that all the time overseas.

Also, if I have a certain mindset and I work overseas with my children going to school in say.....Australia, if I send them to regular schools they will develope an Aussie mindset and Australian accent, but you're right that makes them AMERICAN.

They would cease to be American and be Australian.

Okay, well then I choose to be from Burkina Faso. I mean hey, if such lengthy fabrication is allowed, then I'm from there. Might as well make it cool.
Exactly.
You are a Weegie,
A fucking Weegie,
Your only happy on giro day,
Your Ma's a stealer,
Your Da's a dealer,
Please don't take my hubcaps away.
What is this?

:lol2:
:lol:

where can one purchase this? :D
I want one too.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Whichever country you have citizenship in and have lived in most of your life.
I only have Libyan citizenship. Only country i feel any affiliation to, which is why i never thought about getting another passport.

ßüякε;2381299 said:
That's not the question, which one do you possess?

DA!

You adopt the mindset of the country in which you live the longest, which is why traditionalist persons who bring their children here, to the US, like Mexicans, Indians, Chinese, for example, forbid their children marry outside the religion or nationality. When, in fact, these children often do not and it brings "shame" on the family. A Jew marries a Gentile, an Indian marries a Bovine, a Muslim an Israeli, shit like that happens all the time in the US and it is an almost purely American mindset. One would not see that all the time overseas.

Also, if I have a certain mindset and I work overseas with my children going to school in say.....Australia, if I send them to regular schools they will develope an Aussie mindset and Australian accent, but you're right that makes them AMERICAN.

They would cease to be American and be Australian.

Exactly.

What is this?

:lol2:

I want one too.

In a country that is essentially made up of immigrants that may be the case. But not all the time, i was born and raised in Britain, but i didn't adopt the British mindset(whatever the fuck that means), i still feel Libyan, i never pursued a British passport and never will and i speak Arabic as my mother tongue.

Are you saying that despite all that, i should consider myself British?

That doesn't sound right.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
How you make sure they will?
Because they always do. Just look at the Italians and their treatment of folks like Camo. They hated that he played for the Azzurri at first and then loved him for winning the Cup, the hypocritical lot they are.

So impress, and be loved.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
In a country that is essentially made up of immigrants that may be the case. But not all the time, i was born and raised in Britain, but i didn't adopt the British mindset(whatever the fuck that means), i still feel Libyan, i never pursued a British passport and never will and i speak Arabic as my mother tongue.

Are you saying that despite all that, i should consider myself British?

That doesn't sound right.
That means you or your folks didn't try to assimilate, which is a shame.

If you live in another country, IMO you should try to assimilate.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
That means you or your folks didn't try to assimilate, which is a shame.

If you live in another country, IMO you should try to assimilate.

You see you're being close minded about this. The point i am trying to make is there is no universal rule on nationalities. Its not as simple as you're trying to make it sound.

On a more personal note, why should we assimilate? its not like we left our country to immigrate to another country. My Father went to work in Glasgow, that does not make us Scottish.

Also, how about people who have lived all their lives in the UAE. The UAE does not give out nationalities to immigrants, do you think people should assimilate and consider themselves Emirati's regardless?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You see you're being close minded about this. The point i am trying to make is there is no universal rule on nationalities. Its not as simple as you're trying to make it sound.

On a more personal note, why should we assimilate? its not like we left our country to immigrate to another country. My Father went to work in Glasgow, that does not make us Scottish.

Also, how about people who have lived all their lives in the UAE. The UAE does not give out nationalities to immigrants, do you think people should assimilate and consider themselves Emirati's regardless?
Nationalities are very concrete and simple. You simply are, or you aren't. It's called citizenship. No races, no nonsense, just you being a citizen of a country. If you have dual-citizenship, that's fine as well. It's not at all confusing.

If the UAE doesn't allow immigrants to eventually become citizens, then that's their rules and their loss. Just another reason to dislike the place and choose not to go there.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Nationalities are very concrete and simple. You simply are, or you aren't. It's called citizenship. No races, no nonsense, just you being a citizen of a country. If you have dual-citizenship, that's fine as well. It's not at all confusing.

If the UAE doesn't allow immigrants to eventually become citizens, then that's their rules and their loss. Just another reason to dislike the place and choose not to go there.
I have Libyan citizenship. Yet you want me to call myself Scottish because i haven't lived in Libya before.

I don't feel Scottish, but you think i'm wrong in not feeling Scottish, don't you?

So it is confusing, because all my life i thought i was a Libyan, now all of a sudden i find out i hail from the Queens country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)