Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
There were players who weren't particularly good in the 2006 team as well, it's just about what a team does at a tournament. The big problem here is that Lippi is trying to pin his hopes on a similar effort as then, with a solid defence and nicking the odd goal to win. Scary thought.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
You could say that some of the players Dunga picks for Brazil are not as good as ones he leaves behind. Lippi doesn't have the same options as Dunga but he will leave behind players who are better technically than many in the squad, because he wants a team unit.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
But that team had some great quality to make up for the few not so good ones. This team not so. This one's got a lot of average players.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
In defence, yes. Pirlo was the only player past the defence who really excelled in 2006. Toni was the only striker who scored more than one goal. Totti had a pretty average tournament for me, the same for Camoranesi. Italy basically won it on defence and a few moments of clinical attack. It was all about the team unit, enhanced by Farsopoli.

If you look at the team that starts at the World Cup 2010 I bet it is barely different to the one that won it in 2006. Swap Chiellini for Materazzi, Di Natale for Totti and a striker for Toni and it is the same.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
icεmαή;2376130 said:
I disagree. But then I'm one of the Azzurri fanboys.

Thats because you are a Frenchy like Wanker and you like young boys :p

This is true actually. Everytime Pepe takes the field, I realize how drastically the standards have fallen.
I knew that would come up sometime, i was rather expecting it from Andy though :D

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
If you look at the team that starts at the World Cup 2010 I bet it is barely different to the one that won it in 2006. Swap Chiellini for Materazzi, Di Natale for Totti and a striker for Toni and it is the same.
Yeah, I agree. You could see that in the Confed Cup too...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
indeed, barring the Juve lads, the current batch really is quite revolting
Even some of the Juve players are disgusting -- Canna and Grosso.

If one has no connection to the country, I have no idea how one can like that group of thugs. The fact that some folks around here like Materazzi after 2006 reveals quite a lot about how they're easily swayed.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
This World Cup is the swansong for this group anyway, I'm sure people will hate the next bunch just as much though, especially if Balotelli is in it :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
For Andy:

Azzurrini's team today

Italy U21: Mannone; De Silvestri, Ariaudo, Ogbonna, Bellusci; Schelotto, Poli, Bolzoni, Borini ; Okaka, Balotelli

Three black Italians and one Argie :eyebrows:

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i've had enough of this shit. i closed the stream ... this second half looks just like juve under ferrara ... no one running .. a few chickenheads running in circles ... no one actually caring ... oh boy ...

cossu might really excel in the national team, though, because he is a player who excells in small weak teams and i don't know if that was the tactic behind it, but lippi made us a small and weak team... perhaps to accomodate the crap players (pepe & co) he brings instead of the quality (cassano&co) available...

i am often sceptic when del piero plays, but right now i would even prefer him on the pitch that quacka-rella

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)