Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (215 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Some people want Foggia back :shifty: I think one of these type of players should go, don't think it is Cossu though.
Well its a friendly, and he does deserve a call up for his performances this season. I dont really follow Cagilari, but in the few games i've watched them play, he has always been impressive. He's quick, a good dribbler and he can really cross the ball.

But i'm guessing he's just one of those "Foggia type" players that shine in small teams but aren't really good enough for the highest level.

PS: I know there are quite a few Foggia fans out here(My man Osman being one of them :p), so if you prefer, i'd gladly replace it with "Esposito type" player, its just that the former is a more known case(albeit a lesser agreed on one)

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Whatever man, I think there is room for one of these guys who dribble off the wing though :D Not so much of a forward as Di Natale, but can create. Italy are too predictable at times with the play through the centre and fullbacks, in some games you need a little spark.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
If Giovinco had been given the required playing time in the past two years, he probably would have been Italy's man. Now Italy have to resort to second rate names like Cossu and Foggia because of the top Italian teams reluctance to give their youth playing time.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
They have Camoranesi and mark my words: He spent most of this season injured, he'll spend many more rounds injured, but the time the WC comes he'll be ready and he'll play on all Azzurri matches at the WC, just to get injured again when he comes back to Juve.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Well we don't have enough material to judge if Camo is still good enough at this stage, he's like 33(?) now.

But to be honest, he has to be called up for the WC simply because Italy doesn't really have any adequate options.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
The Del Piero, Totti, Nesta Azzurri has another taste. I don't like the Quaggy, Borriello, Pepe's Azzurri.

Sometimes a couple of names are enough to bring attraction all over.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
This Azzurri squad doesn't attract me at all. I don't even feel like watching their matches. There's something missing in this team no?
Too many workmanlike players and not enough special ones. The players to get fans and opposition worked up in Italy are Cassano, Balotelli, or a throwback like Del Piero, Totti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 215)