Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It all comes down to the definition of the word 'support', I don't see the problem with Juventini following Italy because there are many Juventus players in there and they like Italian football, but it doesn't mean the same as it does to people who are from the country or have direct ties to it. I'm Anglo-Italian, and it's pretty simple really, I support England and Italy in international football and general sports. Even better now Capello has England in form, actually a further sense of pride.

It does seem the case that there are certain members here who seem to have an obsession bordering on jealousy with people who like to follow Italy. I agree with the point about supporting Italy or another big country over your own country, I don't understand that at all. But lets consider how many fanboys Brazil have had for decades, it outstrips any other country by miles. There will be people supporting Italy, Argentina, Brazil, Spain, all the popular teams in the World Cup from all different corners of the globe because that is the nature of the game. You could ask why people support certain clubs.

I think on forums that it becomes a me versus you, or my team versus your team argument and then people who support their home nation have a problem with someone from a lesser footballing country contesting with them from the side of Italy, which is understandable.
Hypothetically speaking, what if there weren't any Juventus players on the national squad. Then what?

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I cheer for Holland and Spain in the Euros. Mostly because I like their players and their football and neither of them usually win.
I cheer for Holland because I know if they play an elimination match against Portugal, they're doomed. :p

andy has a point. what's the fun of supporting a team just because they are good.
This is fun for most of the world, btw. It's why ManU, Brazil, Real Madrid, Barca, etc., have so many supporters and command such TV ratings.

I can't tell you what a slap in the head it was to me for a Persian woman friend of mine who suddenly expressed her disappointment at ManU's loss to Barca in the CL final on Facebook. I had no idea she was into club football, and then I clearly knew cynically why she was into ManU suddenly.

I like your avatar :)...
And I think andy wouldn't agree with you :D!
You need to learn about his role model, Lawnchair Larry.

Jan 7, 2004
so often you don't make a concious decission why you support one team over another. that's the way it should be anyway. my old hometown had three teams, i chose the one that was fc hometown as supposed to the other creative names the two other teams had. never regreted my decission

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I can't tell you what a slap in the head it was to me for a Persian woman friend of mine who suddenly expressed her disappointment at ManU's loss to Barca in the CL final on Facebook. I had no idea she was into club football, and then I clearly knew cynically why she was into ManU suddenly.
Wow. You just had to point out she was Persian. You went the extra mile to do that. Are you saying all us Persians are glory hunters? :shifty:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I said earlier that I understand your point to Swag, I just find all the snide comments and provocation unwarranted and childish. I don't have a problem with your point but the way you deliver it and act about it
You can't please everyone, some enjoy it others don't. Some call it childish others find it smart. Some say it's unwarranted others look forward to it.

I find it retarded as well supporting any club other than the one from your city (town)....

so your argument JCK doesn't hold water.
Look, that's my opinion on the matter and I won't repeat that again. A club's belonging to a city or town is basically because if the location of its headquarters, a national team's belonging to a country is because of its players' citizenships.

Clubs do marketing and promote their image worldwide, national teams don't.

Clubs want supporters from all over the world because that's how they survive. National teams want their citizens to cheer for them to make their nation proud.

That's how I see it and that ends here. If you don't like my point of view or my comments you have to find a way to live with it. You, Razishitasizt or pitbull or whoever is on my dick about my the way I post.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Every single one of you Arabs. :jvefan:
it's them Ay-rabs. Watch out they like to go Allah Akbar on your ass.

oh no. you gone and called him an arab. what DID YOU DOOO?

and lion, don't leave me hanging.
yeah big difference, Persians don't go Allah akbar on your ass.....they hire them Ay-rabs to go Allah akbar on your ass :D

Bes I won't make it tomorrow man. I have work from 11-6.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
it's them Ay-rabs. Watch out they like to go Allah Akbar on your ass.

yeah big difference, Persians don't go Allah akbar on your ass.....they hire them Ay-rabs to go Allah akbar on your ass :D

Bes I won't make it tomorrow man. I have work from 11-6.
I prefer to say Allah Bukkake.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Wow. You just had to point out she was Persian. You went the extra mile to do that. Are you saying all us Persians are glory hunters? :shifty:
Well, there's something particularly special about Persian women who follow football. Especially given how the presence of women at football games in Iran is arguably the closest thing many of them will experience to social liberation.

Maybe it didn't have direct relevance to my point. But it certainly adds a lot of color. :D

And no, I don't think all Persians are gloryhounds. :p

Every single one of you Arabs. :jvefan:
Arabs, Persians... what's the difference? :shifty: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)