Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Wait, aren't you a Serb?

Last time I checked they're going to the World Cup, so if you're going to support Italy, you're a joke.

Why do people HAVE to support a nation in the Cup when yours isn't participating? I mean, the US doesn't play in the Euros, but you don't see me supporting Italy because I'm not Italian.

The difference is I have to be Italian to play for Italy, but can play for Juventus as an American.
Like Amauri?

Or Camoranesi?

Buy on AliExpress.com

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
Wait, aren't you a Serb?

Last time I checked they're going to the World Cup, so if you're going to support Italy, you're a joke.

Why do people HAVE to support a nation in the Cup when yours isn't participating? I mean, the US doesn't play in the Euros, but you don't see me supporting Italy because I'm not Italian.

The difference is I have to be Italian to play for Italy, but can play for Juventus as an American.
no im not serb, I'm Albanian, from Kosovo (is not recognized by FIFA) which makes me a serb geographically, but I was the happiest person to see Serbia lose to holland, and Argenita respectively on previous world cups.
Supporting Serbia in world cup means to support a country which killed 15.000 albanians civils, and raped 20,000 women during 1997-1999.
And yet, the only country which represent my nation is Albania but they play very badly and the only happy moment was when they beat Greece in their first official game after greece won euro 2004
My town has a small private college football team, so your saying I should stop supporting Juventus and support the Saint Mary's Gaels?
You saying that I should stop supporting Italy and Support Kosovo who are not recognized by FIFA.

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
Are you actually mentally retarded? I was asking you that just with different teams...
no im physically retarded! You are from U.S. but your english is not good enough.
Team: a cooperative unit (especially in sports)

so it's your problem you didn't differentiate between club and team. so Azurri it's a team not a club!

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Wait, aren't you a Serb?

I cheer for Holland and Spain in the Euros. Mostly because I like their players and their football and neither of them usually win.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It all comes down to the definition of the word 'support', I don't see the problem with Juventini following Italy because there are many Juventus players in there and they like Italian football, but it doesn't mean the same as it does to people who are from the country or have direct ties to it. I'm Anglo-Italian, and it's pretty simple really, I support England and Italy in international football and general sports. Even better now Capello has England in form, actually a further sense of pride.

It does seem the case that there are certain members here who seem to have an obsession bordering on jealousy with people who like to follow Italy. I agree with the point about supporting Italy or another big country over your own country, I don't understand that at all. But lets consider how many fanboys Brazil have had for decades, it outstrips any other country by miles. There will be people supporting Italy, Argentina, Brazil, Spain, all the popular teams in the World Cup from all different corners of the globe because that is the nature of the game. You could ask why people support certain clubs.

I think on forums that it becomes a me versus you, or my team versus your team argument and then people who support their home nation have a problem with someone from a lesser footballing country contesting with them from the side of Italy, which is understandable.

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
IF Ireland don't make it I'll support Ivory Coast as usual. :D

But, honestly I was delighted for Ale, Gigi, Camo, etc when they won the World Cup.
I was happy too. And I was happy to see trezeguet miss penalty (I hope he had missed it on purpose) Cos Domenech is a shit!
I hope Ireland make it!. At least if you face Portugal I'd be very happy to see them get eliminated!

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
It all comes down to the definition of the word 'support', I don't see the problem with Juventini following Italy because there are many Juventus players in there and they like Italian football, but it doesn't mean the same as it does to people who are from the country or have direct ties to it. I'm Anglo-Italian, and it's pretty simple really, I support England and Italy in international football and general sports. Even better now Capello has England in form, actually a further sense of pride.

It does seem the case that there are certain members here who seem to have an obsession bordering on jealousy with people who like to follow Italy. I agree with the point about supporting Italy or another big country over your own country, I don't understand that at all. But lets consider how many fanboys Brazil have had for decades, it outstrips any other country by miles. There will be people supporting Italy, Argentina, Brazil, Spain, all the popular teams in the World Cup from all different corners of the globe because that is the nature of the game. You could ask why people support certain clubs.

I think on forums that it becomes a me versus you, or my team versus your team argument and then people who support their home nation have a problem with someone from a lesser footballing country contesting with them from the side of Italy, which is understandable.
exactly, I think Andy is jealous why US doesn't have many supporters (Cos they are simply not good). When it comes to basketball many non americans supports Us due to NBA starts. So, that's just normal!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
exactly, I think Andy is jealous why US doesn't have many supporters (Cos they are simply not good). When it comes to basketball many non americans supports Us due to NBA starts. So, that's just normal!
You are an absolute retard if you think this is about jealousy. If I wanted to, I could as easily try to "support" the Azzurri myself, just like the rest of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)