Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #1,221
    Oh, it's Giuseppe Rossi :sergio:
    My bad. I confused him with De Rossi.

In this case, only Grosso will play from those who started the match in Ireland.
    Probably Lippi will play him in the first half and then put Zambrotta in the second.
    Understandable mistake. The formation I posted was just from a report, I think Lippi should field Bocchetti there instead, he can play on the left when needed
    :lol:

I'm sorry DP06 that i triggered all these chain reactions :D
    It's all good
    yeah dude we still love you
    Thanks
    A World Cup didn't seem to get in the way of Adriano getting drunk and fat.
    :lol:
    Hey, you stole my sig:(
    Totti is immense, I hope he does come back.
    :agree:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    ITALIA (4-3-2-1): 1 Marchetti, 2 Santon, 5 Cannavaro, 4 Gamberini, 3 Bocchetti, 7 Pepe, 6 D'Agostino, 8 Gattuso, 11 Quagliarella, 10 Rossi, 9 Gilardino (12 De Sanctis, 13 Zambrotta, 14 Legrottaglie, 15 Palombo, 16 De Rossi, 17 Pirlo, 18 Di Natale)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Can someone send Lippi an SMS, tell him it's from Rab himself.

"When Del Piero is back you better start him upfront and play him ok? and no more Quaggys and Natyys. Have a good day"

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #1,226
    Man for the occasion

Italy will reportedly be looking for a new boss after World Cup 2010. Antonio Labbate thinks one Coach in particular should be seriously considered
    The list to replace Marcello Lippi as Azzurri boss after World Cup 2010 is, unfortunately for La Nazionale, longer than it is distinguished. In a footballing era where Italian Coaches are widely regarded as the master tacticians – see Fabio Capello, Carlo Ancelotti and even Giovanni Trapattoni – it’s somewhat ironic that there is no clear candidate to take over from the Viareggino once the South Africa campaign ends.

Although England maestro Capello and Ancelotti are unquestionably on the Italian Football Federation’s shortlist of candidates for the second post-Lippi era, neither, at least at this stage, seem likely to be the next CT.

The first has insisted on so many occasions that the Italy job doesn’t interest him that we have to believe, despite his infamous Juventus u-turn, while Ancelotti seems to be building something of significance at Stamford Bridge following his summer move.

Trap isn’t an option after his past failings with the Azzurri, doubts remain about the defensive nous of Luciano Spalletti – who may be eyeing the Milan hotseat for next season anyway – and Gianfranco Zola fits into the Roberto Donadoni envelope. We all know how that ended.

Fiorentina boss Cesare Prandelli would no doubt be considered too and rightly so, but there is one man out there for whom the Italy job could revive his career. Step forward Roberto Mancini.

Granted, on the surface, it may look like a questionable appointment to some but it could be a wise one for the man himself and the country as a whole. Mancini is in somewhat of a dilemma. His successful Inter past, who are still paying his wages, currently makes him both a costly and unattractive proposition on the Italian coaching market.

Having been accustomed to fighting for and winning Lo Scudetto, Mancio has yet to find a club that can meet his sporting demands while the ones that potentially could, such as Milan and Juventus, would find it tough to hire him at this stage and maintain harmony within the fan base.

That’s why the Azzurri job, even with a significantly reduced salary, could be just what Mancini needs right now, especially as he doesn’t seem to be courted by any foreign force. It can give him the stage to remind people of his ability and 'cleanse’ him of his Nerazzurri past.

Mancini would also likely bring a fresh approach to the set-up. Having bossed a team which lived up to their Internazionale name by playing a large number of non-Italians, Mancio wouldn’t have an 'old guard’ of Azzurri players who he would constantly turn too. He would have to build a team from scratch, one which is constructed based on ability and not reputation.

He is also a Coach who unleashed Mario Balotelli, a future international, on to the Serie A scene and one with admiration for Antonio Cassano, the Sampdoria forward who can’t get a look in under Lippi despite being the peninsula’s most talented player.

Appointing Mancini would clearly be a risk, but options are limited – both for the country and for the Coach himself.
    http://www.football-italia.net/blogs/al108.html

Quite an interesting article, especially about how Mancini has never coached most of the La Nazionale players and has no "old guard" which in my opinion has been Lippi's biggest weakness in his second stint as manager, Lippi has coached many of Italy's top talents in the past and all though this is usually advantageous it seems that he has become stubborn and unwilling to change his favorite group. There is simply no other explanation for the inclusion of Gattuso and Zambrotta who have no business even being considered for call-ups in the mind of anybody who has watched a Milan game this season. Mancini is no favorite of mine especially with his Merda past but he could make an excellent Nazionale coach

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Roberto Mancini is a damn good coach. He accomplished everything that Mourinho has accomplished with less quality players at his disposal.

He would be a good coach. At least we could say that he has no bias towards Italian Inter players, because well, they never had any

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    Sorry to bother, I bet someone already posted a stream link, but I don't wanna go through 10 pages to find it :p Anyone kind enough to post one?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Unlucky for Cyprus, shame they can't defend. Typically unprofessional start to the match from Italy in this type of game, managed to save themselves from too much embarassment by the end but good comeback.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Lippi: "Fans are a disgrace!"
    Wednesday 14 October, 2009
    A furious Marcello Lippi blasted the protesting Tardini fans after their 3-2 win over Cyprus. “It's shameful! It's an absolute disgrace!”

The Azzurri were 2-0 down in Parma and jeered off the field at half-time, chanting for the inclusion of Antonio Cassano.

Alberto Gilardino's brace and a Fabio Quagliarella strike - perhaps with Gila's final touch - completed the stunning late comeback.

“We earned qualification on Saturday, so you can imagine there was some celebration,” said a clearly angry Lippi.

“I changed the entire starting XI, unthinkable in a qualifier, we are world champions and came here to play a game that doesn't count at all.

“As soon as we ran into some difficulties, which is understandable as they hadn't played before ever, the fans start insulting them and chanting the name of other players?

“It's shameful! It's an absolute disgrace and the supporters should show more love and recognition for this Nazionale.”

The Coach then stormed off, refusing to answer any more questions from the RAI correspondent.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)