Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (215 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #1,201
    OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #1,206
    This is supposed to be Lippi's starting lineup against Cyprus:

Marchetti; Santon, Cannavaro, Gamberini, Grosso; Pepe, D’Agostino, Gattuso; Rossi, Gilardino, Quagliarella.

Poor D'agostino is going to have to do a lot of work to make up for the clowns in midfield he has to play with, I cannot understand what Lippi sees in Gattuso he is in horrible form. Where the hell is Bocchetti? Bench Grosso and play Salvatore on the left

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    This is supposed to be Lippi's starting lineup against Cyprus:

Marchetti; Santon, Cannavaro, Gamberini, Grosso; Pepe, D’Agostino, Gattuso; Rossi, Gilardino, Quagliarella.

Poor D'agostino is going to have to do a lot of work to make up for the clowns in midfield he has to play with, I cannot understand what Lippi sees in Gattuso he is in horrible form. Where the hell is Bocchetti? Bench Grosso and play Salvatore on the left
    Those three shouldn't play. Ok, Cannavaro didn't play in Ireland and might need some playing time after the injury, but why Grosso? Isn't there another LB in the team? Are Santon, Zambrotta and Grosso the only RB/LBs in the team?
    Even if that's the case, why will he play Grosso and not Zambrotta?

The old man should help us here like we're helping his NT.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #1,208
    Canna should play, he has been out for a while and him getting in minutes is good before the Fiorentina game, Grosso should be benched for Bocchetti, he can play on the left. Why shouldn't Rossi play?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Why shouldn't Rossi play?
    Because he played against Ireland. I was thinking that Lippi should play only those guys who didn't start the match in Ireland, but it depends on how many players were called for these two matches. If 22 players were called then those 11 who started in Dublin (that's in Ireland, in case you don't know :D ) should be rested tomorrow.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #1,210
    Check your facts, Rossi wasn't even on the bench against Ireland... and don't start this stupid geography bullshit up again.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Oh, it's Giuseppe Rossi :sergio:
    My bad. I confused him with De Rossi.

In this case, only Grosso will play from those who started the match in Ireland.
    Probably Lippi will play him in the first half and then put Zambrotta in the second.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Because he played against Ireland. I was thinking that Lippi should play only those guys who didn't start the match in Ireland, but it depends on how many players were called for these two matches. If 22 players were called then those 11 who started in Dublin (that's in Ireland, in case you don't know :D ) should be rested tomorrow.
    :lol:

I'm sorry DP06 that i triggered all these chain reactions :D

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    I asked him to return, but he said he was having too much fun getting drunk and fat to bother with a World Cup.

Sensible chap.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
    On a serious note,Totti would be a blessing for the current Azzurri.

Buffon
    Motta Cannavaro Chiellini Criscito/Grosso
    Aquilani De Rossi Marchisio
    Totti
    Cassano Iaquinta​

The chance that Aquilani is going to be fit and on form is highly unlikely.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    Yep, as old and injury prone as he is, Totti would be a very welcome addition the Italian squad IMO. We all know Lippi won't pick Cassano, so this is the next best thing I reckon.

France did the same thing with bringing Zidane back for the 2006 WC when he was something like 35 years old? Not comparing Totti to Zidane, but he still is a magnificent player most teams in the world would love to have.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 215)