Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (79 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #1,069
    What is this the official Ireland qualifying thread? Here is one for La Nazionale
    --------------Buffon

Santon--Chiello--Leggro--Grosso

Camoranesi--D'agostino--De rossi

------------------Pirlo

----------Di Natale--Gila

Best team that can be made with Lippi's shit callups and Marchisio's injury, of course knowing Lippi he will field Zambrotta and Palombo. It will be painful to watch the Azzurri scrape through only needing a point from two games. As a world cup winning coach Lippi deserves respect for his accomplishments four years ago but he is really pissing me off with his stubborn team selections, it just goes to show how far the Azzurri have fallen when an almost impressive 2-0 home victory over Bulgaria is celebrated as a huge success. It's a sad situation considering how much better Italy could play with only a few different players.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
    Official team:

Shay Given,

John O'Shea, Richard Dunne, Sean St Ledger, Kevin Kilbane,

Liam Lawrence, Glenn Whelan, Keith Andrews, Aiden McGeady,

Kevin Doyle, Robbie Keane.

Exactly what I said. :alen:

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #1,075
    I fancy a draw, I don't see Italy winning this one.
    The game looks to be a low scoring snooze fest, a 1-1 draw or a 1-0 or 2-1 win for either side.
    This could be an interesting line-up if Lippi fields it, just replace Palombo and Zambro with D'agostino and Santon

Buffon

Zambrotta - Legrottaglie - Chiellini - Grosso

De Rossi - Palombo

Camoranesi - Pirlo - Di Natale

Gilardino

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #1,076
    Apparently Lippi is starting Iaquinta-Gilardino up front, how can he not start Di Natale? Di Natale is the only forward he called up who actually should be playing for Italy

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
    delap should be in the squad as ireland have no plan b once we go behind and he is as good as most of our midfielders with the added long throws.

hopefully come the playoffs we have a clen bill of health and both finnan and s reid a few prem games under their belt. bothe of them and andy reid given his current form would inprove our squad

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
    IrishZebra,Juve O Curr, mikhail are you heading to croker on saturday for this game should be a cracking atmosphere, i am probably going to go to the away leg of the playoffs as well as long as we dont get russia. a nice trip to croatia or sweden would be ok will have to book quickly after the draw is made before ryanair jack up the prices

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)