Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I like Amauri alot. But Amauri first needs to start scoring, otherwise he will just be another burden. He has zero competetive goals since February, Thats almost 8 months.

And the Iaquinta that never gets credits carried us 2nd half of last season, since february, scored I think 8-9 goals in League (Alen can verify, but 12 overall league goals, think 8 was in 2nd half), 1 CL (Chelsea), scored 5 goals with the NT since then too, plus the 3 goals in the League so far, and 1 CL goal. Thats an estimate of around 18 goals since February. While Amauri pretty much has non.
Iaquinta scored 13 goals and made 4 assists on the last 17 matches he played for Juve (March-September). He also scored 4 goals for Italy during the same period (April-September).

Amauri scored 0 goals and made 2 assists on the last 17 matches he played for Juve.

* not counting pre-season friendlies

It's obvious that for the last 6 months Vincenzo is enjoying a much (much much much) better form than Amauri.
Things can change though until the world cup and if Amauri hits the same form from the first part of last season, before the injury stopped him, Italy will get a hell of an attacker.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah I know, and I rate Amauri (more too ofcourse), but he is not scoring whatsoever for very long time, but is still enjoying a "rep", while Yaki is scoring for crazy fun, and not getting any credit whatsoever. Until Amauri starts scoring again for his club and not be on a ridicolous drought, then he shouldnt be deemed a saviour to anyone, let alone a NT that isnt his ;) Especially shouldnt be deemed a saviour over Yaki, for now, not only club form, but that Yaki has scored 4 goals in last 6 Azzurri games.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
really looking forward to a packed croke park on saturday with 70000 plus fans, made the trip over to bari in april and it was brilliant we ended up staying a few extra days with some bari ultras and going to the serie b match against parma with them and now some of these guys are travelling over for this game.

although they hate lippi now as cassano is still excluded. pity cannavaro and marchisio are out but lokking forward to seen the new 4-2-3-1 formation lippi will play.

prediction 1-1

Doyle to put ireland ahead and toto di natalie to rescue a point for the azzurri it would be great to sneak a win and put the pressure on italy going into the last game. but a good performace will set ireland up for the playoffs although fifa have screwed us with the news that the draw will be seeded to protect the higher ranked teams from drawing each other

forza trappatoni il capo

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I think Folan will be missed most of all the players that are injured. He caused the Italy defence problems in Bari.

I really don't think we'll lose. If we'll draw or win depends on which Ireland shows up on the day.

I'm really pissed off about the news about the play-offs. :(

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I'll pick a 1-1 draw, with at least one team scoring on set pieces in a rather lackluster battle of incompetent attacks.
You could well be right.

We'd be more likely to score from a set piece if Folan was fit but Dunne and Doyle are both decent in the air.

Liam Lawrence has shown that he takes a mean free kick.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
I think Folan will be missed most of all the players that are injured. He caused the Italy defence problems in Bari.

I really don't think we'll lose. If we'll draw or win depends on which Ireland shows up on the day.

I'm really pissed off about the news about the play-offs. :(
Playing Folan in the Hole was the perhaps the ballsiest move Trap have ever made :tup:

What news?

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Yeah, he offers us something substantially different from the other options (Best should too, but hasn't shown up in a match yet). I wouldn't underestimate how much we'll miss Duff too.

Playing Folan in the Hole was the perhaps the ballsiest move Trap have ever made :tup:
He played Robbie there. Folan went up front. :confused2 Though, they were moving around a lot...

What news?
They playoffs will be seeded. We're significantly more likely to be unseeded if we finish second, but it could go either way.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Yeah, he offers us something substantially different from the other options (Best should too, but hasn't shown up in a match yet). I wouldn't underestimate how much we'll miss Duff too.
Best has been in brilliant form for his club this season. He's capable of making an impact from the bench.

--------------------

What do you think the team will be?

Given

O'Shea - St Ledger - Dunne - Kilbane

Lawrence - Andrews - Whelan - McGeady

Keane - Doyle

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Best has been in brilliant form for his club this season. He's capable of making an impact from the bench.
Good to hear, but it's a big ask of him to suddenly step up for us against Italy. Still, here's hoping.

What do you think the team will be?

Given

O'Shea - St Ledger - Dunne - Kilbane

Lawrence - Andrews - Whelan - McGeady

Keane - Doyle
I'd say he'll start Hunt ahead of Lawrence, but that one seems to be in the air.

Other than that, it's almost picking itself at the moment: Gibson and Reid are injured too, so it'll definitely be Andrews & Whelan. There's no reason to change the defence, and with Folan out, there'll be no temptation to vary the strikers.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Good to hear, but it's a big ask of him to suddenly step up for us against Italy. Still, here's hoping.

I'd say he'll start Hunt ahead of Lawrence, but that one seems to be in the air.

Other than that, it's almost picking itself at the moment: Gibson and Reid are injured too, so it'll definitely be Andrews & Whelan. There's no reason to change the defence, and with Folan out, there'll be no temptation to vary the strikers.
Hunt/McGeady is the way he does it, without fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)