Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I've always rated him. Ever since he first moved to Juve and people here said he wasn't good enough. He's not world class, but he's a very good striker and he just does not get enough credit.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
He gets too much credit nowadays IMO. I rate him, but I wouldn't count on him for the starting line-up for Juve. Saying that pretty much same goes for Italy.
I like him, but as I player I see him as a perfect backup.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
He is a perfect backup. But i think he's good enough to start too(although i admit that thats quite debateable). He isn't so good technically which imo is why a lot of people do not give him the credit he deserves. But he more than makes up for it with his hard work and goals.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
He is a perfect backup. But i think he's good enough to start too(although i admit that thats quite debateable). He isn't so good technically which imo is why a lot of people do not give him the credit he deserves. But he more than makes up for it with his hard work and goals.
He does score goals but his shot to goal ratio must my terrible, which we will live to forget im sure.

He's no.3 after trez and Alex to me

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Iaquinta turned out to be another excellent transfer. His goal per minute ratio is 1 goal on every ~120 minutes which is amazing for a player who's not considered world class striker and who came off the bench in half of the matches he played for us.
He scored tons of important goals. He regularly scores both in serie A and CL, he doesn't mind sitting on the bench (actually, it motivates him even more) and we bought him for only €11 million. He's totally worth the money we paid. Actually, he's worth even more than that.

People mention Sissoko, Amauri, Diego, Melo when they talk about the good deals our directors made.

I'm officially adding Iaquinta on that list.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
He does score goals but his shot to goal ratio must my terrible, which we will live to forget im sure.

He's no.3 after trez and Alex to me
People described Inzaghi in the exact same way you just did, look at him now, the number one scorer in European competitions.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
People described Inzaghi in the exact same way you just did, look at him now, the number one scorer in European competitions.
And they were right.
But it doesn't change the fact that he was scoring a lot. Eto'o is missing a lot too, tons of strikers are missing a lot of chances too.
The quality of these strikers is that they know how to find their way into scoring position. That's one of Iaquinta's qualities too. He's not a fox in the box type and he's getting into goalscoring positions with lots of hard work, lots of running and by using his physical strength and aerial power.
Iaquinta was never blessed with a Ronaldinho, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Zidane, Kaka or Seedorf playing behind him so he always had to work 2 or 3 times harder than Eto'o and Inzaghi in order to score.
I really wonder how much was he gonna score if there were players behind him who'd knew how to get something useful from his runs into space.

I'm far from saying that he's in the same league as Eto'o or Inzaghi but i feel that not being a fancy striker has made people to always see an average player in Iaquinta.
I bet the defenders don't think the same because the guy is a real pain in the ass for the defenses.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
And they were right.
But it doesn't change the fact that he was scoring a lot. Eto'o is missing a lot too, tons of strikers are missing a lot of chances too.
The quality of these strikers is that they know how to find their way into scoring position. That's one of Iaquinta's qualities too. He's not a fox in the box type and he's getting into goalscoring positions with lots of hard work, lots of running and by using his physical strength and aerial power.
Iaquinta was never blessed with a Ronaldinho, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Zidane, Kaka or Seedorf playing behind him so he always had to work 2 or 3 times harder than Eto'o and Inzaghi in order to score.
I really wonder how much was he gonna score if there were players behind him who'd knew how to get something useful from his runs into space.

I'm far from saying that he's in the same league as Eto'o or Inzaghi but i feel that not being a fancy striker has made people to always see an average player in Iaquinta.
I bet the defenders don't think the same because the guy is a real pain in the ass for the defenses.
Check out my formation in the Genoa thread, I placed Iaquinta up top with Giovinco and Camo behind him. I would like to see how he would do with two assisters behind him.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Check out my formation in the Genoa thread, I placed Iaquinta up top with Giovinco and Camo behind him. I would like to see how he would do with two assisters behind him.
This you mean?
Buffon
Zebina Legrottaglie Chiellini Grosso
Marchisio Melo Poulsen
Camoranesi Giovinco
Iaquinta​
:agree:
Something i'd definitely like to see being tried. Tough midfield that will give us chances to win the center and give our AMCs more of the ball possession. Also, Camo can always drop a little deeper to help if we're having problems with the ball control and possession.
Even if it won't work, one substitution will be enough to completely change the formation to 4-3-1-2 or 4-4-2

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
And they were right.

My opinion too :agree:

Aug 17, 2007
Off-topic world cup question: what happend to Gillette? they were WC sponsors since, i don't know, 1970, with the 'gillette world cup magazine', 'best young player' and stuff.what happend? where are they? they are no longer tournament sponsor?

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #1,019
    I have some ideas for Lippi's 4-3-3 formation,

-----------------Rubinho

Zuniga--Santacroce--Felipe--Rafael

--Camoranesi--Thiago Motta--Taddei

-----Rossi--Amauri--merda monkey

Surely a side that all of Italy can be proud of, one that could rival France or some of Germany's recent U21 teams...

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Which will be funny as hell because if Amauri isn't going to be there either, the Azzurri will be pathetically weak up top.
    I like Amauri alot. But Amauri first needs to start scoring, otherwise he will just be another burden. He has zero competetive goals since February, Thats almost 8 months.

And the Iaquinta that never gets credits carried us 2nd half of last season, since february, scored I think 8-9 goals in League (Alen can verify, but 12 overall league goals, think 8 was in 2nd half), 1 CL (Chelsea), scored 5 goals with the NT since then too, plus the 3 goals in the League so far, and 1 CL goal. Thats an estimate of around 18 goals since February. While Amauri pretty much has non.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)