Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Two awesome goals. No complaints from me here, we played some brilliant stuff (esp in the first half) and totally deserved the win.

With a few more quality additions to the team (obviously Cassano) we would look even better.

Oh and Zambrotta is fucking finished. Get him off and use Motta or even Santon.

Buy on AliExpress.com

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
great day for our juve players ... despite camos lack of concentration at the end of the game which could have come costy

poulsen had a good game for denmark too and had an assist to his name.

cassano. That saga starts to irritate me! I almost hate lippi for this
lippi should include cassano for pepe ... pepe is even more useless than molinaro

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Marceℓℓo;2137819 said:
Well,I don't care if Italy plays boring and bad.It's not like they played great back in 2006,they won the WC as a team.If you like the fancy stuff you should probably stop watching Italy,as they often play "boring" and just care for the result.I for one enjoy watching the Azzurri and don't find them boring at all.

Let's not exaggerate with the fresh blood thing,Lippi slowly but surely starts to integrate players like Criscito,Santon,Bocchetti or Rossi.He needs to keep a core of players in order to stay competitive.I agree that he should definitely call up Cassano though.

Of course I saw that they were bad at the Confederations Cup and it was a good thing at the end as Lippi surely learned a thing or two and made a few conclusions.

Still,I haven't seen any evidence yet that they sucked donkey balls.Any pics,videos etc?

Ofcourse that at WC06 they didn't played great, they played for the result, but still we could see glimpses like against Germany in extra time. Sometimes I hate Italy just couse they don't allow themselves to play at their full potential. ( I will again take game against Germany as an example, where Italy could/should won that game way before extra time).

Lippi maybe did call up few "youngesters" but still he plays with the same players he played at Confederations cup, that is meaningless cup and because of that he had to call some young guns and see are they capable to play at highest level, but no he again called-up Pepe and others. And still except Marchisio he play same players and tactic. Maybe they were good today, I really didn't watched the game because Bosnia played too, but one good game doesn't change anything.

And about donkey balls thing, did you ever heard for metaphor???

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
2 great quality goals and an impossible save from buffon, 7 juve players on the field and a good performance game from marchisio im happy

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Blog: Ju beauty!
Italy, with the help of Juventus, are almost through to the World Cup. Giancarlo Rinaldi praises their efforts

For one night only, all of Italy loved Juventus. Marcello Lippi’s block of Bianconeri put the national team on the brink of World Cup qualification with a win over Bulgaria. And, funnily enough, nobody was mentioning Antonio Cassano any more.

It was a blistering first half that put Club Italia back on track. I admit I felt Mimmo Criscito had been hard done by being left out of the side for neo-Juventino Fabio Grosso. But the flying full-back has a habit of delivering vital goals and he did so again in Turin.

The other target for much of my pre-match moaning also produced the goods. A neat interchange with Alberto Gilardino and Vincenzo Iaquinta made it 2-0. If I was being really churlish I could say he had enough chances to grab a hat-trick.

But this was no night for petty squabbles. The Juve block worked well, with Claudio Marchisio looking good in his first major match for his country, while the old boys’ network of Fabio Cannavaro, Gigi Buffon and Mauro Camoranesi was also impressive.

It must have all put a wry smile on the lips of Republic of Ireland boss Giovanni Trapattoni and his assistant Marco Tardelli. Nobody knows better than them the qualities La Vecchia Signora players can bring to the table. At least they got the consolation that Il Capitano will be suspended for Dublin.

The Azzurri eased up after half-time against Bulgaria and there is a danger they will travel to Ireland for little more than a glorified holiday. A win or a draw would put them through – but even a defeat would only leave them needing to win a home tie with Cyprus to get to the World Cup. It may be tempting to stroll through the match.

Yet Wednesday night should have taught La Nazionale a lesson. They can be a thrilling team, maybe even potential world beaters, when they seize the initiative. But when they try to kill off a game, they still concede a few too many chances to the opposition. It’s a Trap they shouldn’t fall into at Croke Park.

---
footie italy dot com.

scottazzurri

Del Piero's understudy
Feb 21, 2007
Why oh why is Lippi so goddamn stubborn????????

He sticks faithfully to players that are not in form!!!!!!!!

In Germany '06 Zambrotta was the best full-back......now he is fucked!!!!!!!!!!!

Pirlo looks half the player he was...(Good assist tho for Fabio Grosso's goal)

And where is Cassano????.......Granted he is a fuckin mentalist....but he can do something different.

What does D'Agostino have to do????.....Every time i have seen him, he has impressed, so why doesn't Lippi give him more time on the pitch????

Ditch that fuckin retard Simone Pepe please!!!!!!!......

Nice finish from Iaquinta for second goal.........(Though I'm still not convinced by him.....misses too many chances)....

But overrall.....a win is a win.....

Oh and Gigi Buffon is the fuckin nuts!!!!!!!!....Without him we are in serious trouble....An un-fuckin-believable save last nite to go with the one versus Georgia (I know the kid was off-side but Gigi didn't know that at the time)........

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Gilardino, Zambrotta and Pepe wouldn't have a place in my squad if i were Lippi.

Iaquinta is good but he misses alot of chances which could prove costly against stronger opposition such as Brazil, Spain, England, etc. Is he starting material?

Giuseppe Rossi has loads of ability but he goes missing for large parts of games, though i prefer him starting to Gilardino or Toni anyday.

Cassano in Nazionale? well this saga will go on forever as long as Lippi is in charge. It's obviously not a matter of talent as he is arguably the most talented Italian player in circulation, Lippi has a problem with his attitude or it could even be that senior players in the squad are influencing Lippi not to select him.

Pirlo obviously plays better when he is in the trequartista position like he was against Bulgaria. He has the freedom to roam and change with De Rossi at defensive mid during the game.

Players like Marchionni being called up for selection just makes me laugh! Foggia played very well in the games he was given for Italy and could even challenge Camoranesi for the right midfield position.

Oriundi? I stand by my opinion that Amauri shouldnt be playing for Italy. Sure it would increase the Juve contingent in the national team but he is Brazilian. National teams are losing their identities these days and before we know it, it will be too late to fix this problem. Amauri has no Italian blood in him at all, the only thing he has (which is taking forever to come) is an Italian Passport. This for me just isnt enough. Camoranesi at least has Italian background, as does Thiago Motta who for me could be called up.

My 2 cents..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)