Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (136 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #823
    I still think Pazzini-Cassano should start for Italy up front, Italy sorely need a good attacking partnership and right now they are the only one's proven to play excellently together, but who knows for some reason putting on an azzurri shirt seems to make some players useless

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    What people?

I don't really care if Cassano plays in the national team or not, he definitely deserves to but him not being called is just funny.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    What people?

I don't really care if Cassano plays in the national team or not, he definitely deserves to but him not being called is just funny.
    I think there are some here, because of his attitude is the reason.

Pazzini? I never rated him. Pazzini's goals are Cassano's goals. If he's going to play he could use someone that can actually DO something.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #828
    I think there are some here, because of his attitude is the reason.

Pazzini? I never rated him. Pazzini's goals are Cassano's goals. If he's going to play he could use someone that can actually DO something.
    It's true that Cassano bags assists on almost all of Pazzini's goals but I think thats more a case of Sampdoria being over-reliant on Cassano than Pazzini. I think Pazzini just needs a talented creative force slightly behind him to perform well, it's not like if Di Natale sends him through on goal he's gonna blast over just because it wasn't Cassano who passed to him. He's only played a few minutes for Italy and he's already scored, at the very least he should get another appearance

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    It's true that Cassano bags assists on almost all of Pazzini's goals but I think thats more a case of Sampdoria being over-reliant on Cassano than Pazzini. I think Pazzini just needs a talented creative force slightly behind him to perform well, it's not like if Di Natale sends him through on goal he's gonna blast over just because it wasn't Cassano who passed to him. He's only played a few minutes for Italy and he's already scored, at the very least he should get another appearance
    I'm yet to see him without Cassano. He would probably score, yes, but I think at least 50% less goals. Not because he sucks but because there's no player that has Cassano's vision and who can provide some of his passes.

Funny thing, 95% of Italian strikers are clumsy and can't even run with ball properly. Borriello, Pazzini, Toni, Acquafresca and probably a few others. Rossi can, though...and now Amauri too.

So both Cassano-Amauri would have to play in my team.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #837
    Cassano - Amauri would be the best possible duo for Italy.
    That would be a badass duo, they would dominate

Yes we are. In a year, they will be both wearing a black and white striped jersey.
    With Diego playing behind them? That would be an allstar attack

Nah. Cassano will never join Juve.
    I wouldn't be so sure, our board might go all out next summer to try and get him. Despite their recent success Sampdoria are still a minor club and with a good run in the champions league we could have the $ to make an offer they can't refuse. I hope he does join, there isn't a better replacement for Del Piero in all of Italy. With Cassano and one or two other smart buys Juventus could once again dominate the Serie A

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #839
    I think Cassano is more likely to join Inter than Juve. Not that I think he'll join either.
    Inter don't want Cassano he's Italian, but seriously I doubt him and Mourinho would get along. He would probably have a much better relationship with a coach who doesn't have a huge ego, someone like Ferrara...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 136)