Official Application for Moderator (65 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

You say it proves Jesus' validity, I say it proves the stupidity of 700 million people.
Its hardly stupidity on the behalf of those people, they have faith in their religion and their god. You don't have that same sort of belief so you cannot really judge others in that way. People have their own beliefs and callings that they abide to.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I know, wrong word, but I don't know the English translation of the word "Goedgelovig" which means something like... "Easy believers" or something... :undecide:

And I did have the very same belief so don't go lecturing me on religions.

OP
IncuboRossonero

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #586
    ++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
    I have it on authority that there never was a "Don Bes". This "person" is actually a group of seven Irish immigrants living in Bronx, NY, raising money to send to the IRA to further a bombing campaign planned for London and Belfast beginning on 18 March 2005. If you love what "Don Bes" represents, then I know you will give generously to the cause. Forgive me for passing the plate, but we Irish have work to do.
    ++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
    I have it on authority that there never was a "Don Bes". This "person" is actually a group of seven Irish immigrants living in Bronx, NY, raising money to send to the IRA to further a bombing campaign planned for London and Belfast beginning on 18 March 2005. If you love what "Don Bes" represents, then I know you will give generously to the cause. Forgive me for passing the plate, but we Irish have work to do.
    brilliant....but you are just taking away from the real issue..

Padovano is actually Miguel Sanchez Jesus Diallo Kevin Lopez from Zihuatanejo Mexico partaking in black market xenotransplantation namely, the medical term for utilizing animal organs in humans. Padovano is the ringleader in a world wide network spanning from Appleton Wisconsin to Sun City, South Africa. At this rate Padovano will be responsible for the extinction of sheep given his selling of sheep organs to rich kids in nations like Brunei and the United Arab Emirates. Although never actually seen much like the infamous Keizer Sose he is represented through his agents most notably Kasmhir the Pollack, Ray Liotta and "L'Africain" who goes un-noticed as a court guard during the day.
    Ironic how the sick fvcks characterize "Padovano" as a sheep lover when he will be responsible for the next generation of red necks not having suitable mates for those late night barn urges.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Alright, I've had enough of these in-between-the-line insults. FACT: I don't always find the exact right word I'm looking for as English is only my third language; DEAL WITH IT by stopping to take my every word so damn literally, even AFTER I've clarified what I meant to say.

WITH REGARDS TO THIS DISCUSSION; I didn't mean to say every religious person is stupid: I meant to find a word for "Goedgelovig" ("Easy believers" or something) but I didn't know the translation. ALSO: I was only implying there are MANY different sides to every goddamn subject, INCLUDING religion. I used an extreme a previous post by intending to call all religious people naive ONLY TO MAKE A POINT.

FURTHERMORE: I have been a Christian for 20 years myself so I DO know what the hell I'm talking about.

Now either read and try to understand EVERYTHING I say or just ignore me altogether, THANK YOU.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004

So let me get this straight; the fact that 700.000.000 people believe in Jesus makes him real, or rather, the saviour of mankind the bible claims he is?

You say it proves Jesus' validity, I say it proves the stupidity of 700 million people.
    The fact that 700 million people believe in Jesus makes him real.Yes. At least for that people (again, is a phenomenon called faith. Simply, you have it or you dont.)
    You want to call it stupidity? no problem. go ahead.
    Just remember that religious intolerance is the first step to a fascist attitude.
    And Im shure your not like that :cool:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
    The fact that 700 million people believe in Jesus makes him real.Yes. At least for that people (again, is a phenomenon called faith. Simply, you have it or you dont.)
    Actually, I'm not really with you on that. The fact that 700 million people believe in Jesus doesn't make him real objectively. There's historical evidence of his existence, so I don't think it's necessary to put his existence down to a matter of faith.

I'd love to reply to all the comments above, but I'm needed at the beach. Good day to you, suckas! ;)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    You want to call it stupidity? no problem. go ahead.
    Just remember that religious intolerance is the first step to a fascist attitude.
    Oohh I misunderstood your post then; I thought you meant to say it makes him real objectively.

Well, yes you're right. Faith makes him perfectly real for those who have faith. I would know; I've been a Christian for 21 years.

No I'm not religiously intolerant. How could I be with my past and with the rest of my family still religious?

++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Actually, I'm not really with you on that. The fact that 700 million people believe in Jesus doesn't make him real objectively. There's historical evidence of his existence, so I don't think it's necessary to put his existence down to a matter of faith.

I'd love to reply to all the comments above, but I'm needed at the beach. Good day to you, suckas! ;)
    If you get back from the beach I'd like to see this scientific/historical evidence you (but not just you) have spoken off cause I've never seen it...

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002

The fact that 700 million people believe in Jesus makes him real.Yes
    Of course it doesnt, that is one of the most ridiculous statements i have read in along long time

At least for that people (again, is a phenomenon called faith. Simply, you have it or you dont.)
    Im sorry but the faith is in the teachings not the actual physical prescence of jesus
    No one has shown religious intolerance in this thread, no one has disrespected the religion itself or its teachings, they have questioned the existence of a physical jesus...no more

Many of the most respected biblical historians in this world have admitted that jesus probably didnt exist in a physical form but those people are in the majority devout catholics.

As for the reaction towards a person trying to convey their viewpoint in his 3rd language... please, show some respect and understanding.{however well you speak a language some times it jusnt doesnt come over as you intended in a 2nd language or a word doesnt translate correctly}

I'll tell you what... if your so perfect lets do this conversation in welsh and see how you get on?...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    If you get back from the beach
    Gee, aren't you the optimistc one? :D
    I'd like to see this scientific/historical evidence you (but not just you) have spoken off cause I've never seen it...
    Sure thing boss, I'll try to get around to it when I get home ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)