Official Application for Moderator (67 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

Call me thick but i dont get that....

Jesus never existed... Nick does
You are thick. There is no question that Jesus existed, that is historical fact. The question is whether is was just a charismatic leader of men or whether he was the son of god. Sure there is a whole of BS involved, but Jesus did exist.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
did he bollocks! Its a bleeding fairytale invented because a whole lotta people had too much time on their hands!

saviour of humanity :howler:

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++

You are thick. There is no question that Jesus existed, that is historical fact. The question is whether is was just a charismatic leader of men or whether he was the son of god. Sure there is a whole of BS involved, but Jesus did exist.
Im sorry Robert, but there is no historical evidence to show he existed at all

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Yeah Paul I once argued that, then the guy said:

"Sure there is: the Bible!"

:lazy: Honestly, what can you say from that point onwards? Whatever you would reply; it would clearly be a waste of time. I dropped it...

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Yeah Paul I once argued that, then the guy said:

"Sure there is: the Bible!"

:lazy: Honestly, what can you say from that point onwards? Whatever you would reply; it would clearly be a waste of time. I dropped it...
Your probably right erik.... My statement is still true though:D

OP
IncuboRossonero

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #566
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    did he bollocks! Its a bleeding fairytale invented because a whole lotta people had too much time on their hands!

This is why I always stayed away from your posts and never bothered to take you seriously. There is a way to disagree on an issue which is quite sacred to certain individuals. There is a way to do it minus the laughter, sarcasm and sheer low brow unclassy remarks. Even if you don’t agree with a groups point of view on religion there is a way to respect it. We are not talking about a sports franchise here or a politically ideology. It is a faith some people believe it. Have some God damn class and maturity if you are going to comment on this situation.
    See Paul as an example on how to reply.
    You just lost any respect I had for you and I’m not even a devout Catholic. However, I am a human being.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

Its not ridiculous to some people, Tom.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004

Im sorry Robert, but there is no historical evidence to show he existed at all
    Wrong, my friend.
    There is massive scientific evidence, arqueologically corrobored, that the jewish man that historically has being named as Jesus, lived and died in Israel in the first century
    .Although the divine nature of that man is obviously a matter of faith, the physical existance and his political role in the roman dominated Judea at that time is actually accepted by science.....

OP
    IncuboRossonero

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #571
    ++ [ originally posted by Emma ] ++
    no need to cry about it Nick.
    No one is crying about it...but the one thing that absolutely bothers me to no fvcking end is ignorance and lack of class. Like I said, discussing sports, favorite movies or even politics for that matter is one thing...but religion and faith guides people in the way they choose to live their life and to make sarcastic and suggestive remarks implying individuals are just silly to believe it is pure lack of class.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Well, I like to think a friend of mine is a saviour. The point is that it's very personal/subjective.
    Religion, or better said, faith is always a very personal and subjective matter.
    And the most notorious difference between your friend and Jesus is only about the number of "believers": one against more than seven hundred millions....

BTW, yore entitled to make a religion for your friend...

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    As Eaglesnake has stated, there is evidence that shows the existence of the man known as Jesus who was a political leader in Judea. There is as much evidence of his existance as Alexander the Great, King Henry IV and Christopher Columbus (not his real name).

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++

Wrong, my friend.
    There is massive scientific evidence, arqueologically corrobored, that the jewish man that historically has being named as Jesus, lived and died in Israel in the first century
    .Although the divine nature of that man is obviously a matter of faith, the physical existance and his political role in the roman dominated Judea at that time is actually accepted by science.....
    Im sorry but thats jus plain fallacy....

There is no historical evidence that proves jesus existed... Fact!

The only evidence to support jesus actually living is hearsay... and hearsay aint evidence at all.

Ps. I am not in anyway discounting the faith only making the point that there is no historical evidence that he existed, which is true

OP
    IncuboRossonero

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #575
    The only evidence to support jesus actually living is hearsay... and hearsay aint evidence at all.

Ps. I am not in anyway discounting the faith only making the point that there is no historical evidence that he existed, which is true
    the p.s. part you don't need to explain...its obvious you are respectfully arguing..though it may be touchy for some.

That said, hearsay is actually admissible evidence on exception in courts of law my friend...generally its inadmissible..by exception it is admissible: thus, it is indeed evidence.

Is all the evidence really only hearsay?
    -the shroud?
    -the splinters from the cross?
    -items from the manger?

I'm not sure but don't these items still exist?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
    Religion, or better said, faith is always a very personal and subjective matter.
    And the most notorious difference between your friend and Jesus is only about the number of "believers": one against more than seven hundred millions....

BTW, yore entitled to make a religion for your friend...
    So let me get this straight; the fact that 700.000.000 people believe in Jesus makes him real, or rather, the saviour of mankind the bible claims he is?

You say it proves Jesus' validity, I say it proves the stupidity of 700 million people.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

Is all the evidence really only hearsay?
    -the shroud?
    -the splinters from the cross?
    -items from the manger?

I'm not sure but don't these items still exist?

This is a very basic bit about the true story of the shroud and is widely backed up... Similar articles of fact can be found for the other items you mentioned as well.

The Shroud of Turin

Many faithful people believe the shroud represents the actual burial cloth of Jesus where they claim the image on the cloth represents an actual 'photographic' image left behind by the crucified body.

The first mention of the shroud comes from a treatise (written or dictated) by Geoffroi de Charny in 1356 and who claims to have owned the cloth (see The Book of Chivalry of Geoffroi De Charny). Later, in the 16th century, it suddenly appeared in a cathedral in Turin, Italy. (Note that thousands of claimed Jesus relics appeared in cathedrals throughout Europe, including the wood from the cross, chalices, blood of Jesus, etc. These artifacts proved popular and served as a prosperous commercial device which filled the money coffers of the churches.)

Sadly, many people of faith believe that there actually exists scientific evidence to support their beliefs in the shroud's authenticity. Considering how the Shroud's apologists use the words, "science," "fact," and "authentic," without actual scientific justification, and even include pseudo-scientists (without mentioning the 'pseudo') to testify to their conclusions, it should not come to any surprise why a faithful person would not question their information or their motives. There also has appeared several television specials which purport the authenticity of the shroud. Science, however, does not operate though television specials who have a commercial interest and have no qualms about deceiving the public.

Experts around the world consider the 14-foot-long linen sheet, which has remained in a cathedral in Turin since 1578, a forgery because of carbon-dating tests performed in 1988. Three different independent radiocarbon dating laboratories in Zurich, Oxford and the University of Arizona yielded a date range of 1260-1390 C.E. (consistent with the time period of Charny's claimed ownership). Joe Zias of Hebrew University of Jerusalem calls the shroud indisputably a fake. "Not only is it a forgery, but it's a bad forgery." The shroud actually depicts a man whose front measures 2 inches taller than his back and whose elongated hands and arms would indicate that he had the affliction of gigantism if he actually lived. (Also read Joe Nickell's, Inquest On The Shroud Of Turin: Latest Scientific Findings)

Walter C. McCrone, et al, (see Judgment Day for the Shroud of Turin) discovered red ochre (a pigment found in earth and widely used in Italy during the Middle Ages) on the cloth which formed the body image and vermilion paint, made from mercuric sulphide, used to represent blood. The actual scientific findings reveal the shroud as a 14th century painting, not a two-thousand year-old cloth with Christ's image. Revealingly, no Biblical scholar or scientist (with any credibility), cites the shroud of Turin as evidence for a historical Jesus.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    I have it on authority that there never was a "Don Bes". This "person" is actually a group of seven Irish immigrants living in Bronx, NY, raising money to send to the IRA to further a bombing campaign planned for London and Belfast beginning on 18 March 2005. If you love what "Don Bes" represents, then I know you will give generously to the cause. Forgive me for passing the plate, but we Irish have work to do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 67)