Official album review thread (2 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
What? Albums? They still make those? Aren't they like rotary telephones now?

In any case, if this is about reviews, I agree with ĵџvє_вãвγ -- so I'm merging this thread into that one.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

For what its worth, the new Pearl Jam album is terrific
But it will only be released in 2 days. :p

And so is Knopfler's new offering, Get Lucky. If you liked Kill To Get Crimson, you'll like this one as well. Still the old, mellow Knopfler, but still can write a song. Hope he comes somewhere near next year. It would be awesome to see him live 2 times in 3 years, the guy isn't getting any younger.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Stereophonics-Pull the pin

a triumphant return to form for the welsh rockers, reminiscent of word gets around, the phonics debut album, this offering sees a return to kelly jones more reflective writing style. Daisy Lane,drowning and Stone are just 3 of the highlights in this, which goes a long way to making up for the dissapointment of their previous album. not as good as word gets around, or the brilliant you gotta go there to come back, but this is a solid album that hints they may be back to their best.

8 out of 10
Closest thing to Welsh grungr i've ever heard, its my favourite of their albums

Bank Holiday Monday :weee:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Has anyone heard the new album of Muse "The Resistance"? Im downloading it right know (bout 10 minutes left) and im curious about it, since they usually produce some sick music.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Has anyone heard the new album of Muse "The Resistance"? Im downloading it right know (bout 10 minutes left) and im curious about it, since they usually produce some sick music.
Its good, but not great

I like the first and last songs, "Uprising" and "Exogenesis"

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Apart from Undisclosed Desires and I Belong To You i completely love this album. Bellamy is a beast. Sure it's not their best album and probably no song would make into mine Muse TOP5, but this one defnietly is my this years favourite.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Can finally post what i set this thrad up for :D

Backspacer

Pearl Jams ninth release emptied my bank-account today and arrived in its beautiful vinyl sleeve, and to my surprise it's their best work since ten.
Every song is concise (the whole album is about 30mins long but don't let that deter you, the crisp/hopeful and apathetic pearl jam collide in this album with a bit of the angst (the three ingredients of a PJ album) thrown in for good measure. Got Some and Just breathe are my favourites, because they ar ein the vein of my two favourite songs, save you and black, its more new wave than their anti-bush railing of the early noughties, it really is a true return to form and if you only buy one moderateley priced LP tihs year make it this one.

In a world of Kings of Leon and Artic Monkeys it stirs my soul to hear fresh real music again.
9/10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)