Official AFL Thread (Australian Rules Football) (2 Viewers)

CaesarCod

Mar 13, 2008
So, you dont think the AFL being prosecutor, judge, juror and executioner would be an issue in the Supreme court? He could of brought it to the courts and got an inderpendant hearing.

And what if he proved what was in his Writ was the truth? Vlad would be going to jail. Hird took a bullet for the club so it ended now rather then drag on for months if not years.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
So, you dont think the AFL being prosecutor, judge, juror and executioner would be an issue in the Supreme court? He could of brought it to the courts and got an inderpendant hearing.

And what if he proved what was in his Writ was the truth? Vlad would be going to jail. Hird took a bullet for the club so it ended now rather then drag on for months if not years.
this :agree:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Bullshit he took a bullet. He knew what was going on, he was warned. I don't think a coach would not know. He received text messages about it. The afl has the right to be judge jury and executioner. The bombers are under the AFL, they abide by their rules.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
what he did wasn't actually illegal though, so hence if he kept fighting and took it to court he probably could've won.

nonetheless he's still my all time fave AFL player along with Lloydy :sheik:

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
I agree with salvo here, what he did was not illegal in terms of Australian Law but it was illegal under the AFL rules, so they have every right to punish both him and the club.

and he is playing dumb, he knew exactly what was going on

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
He knew the players were taking drugs, he also knew the substances werent safe or legal under AFL law. That is enough.
But if this is true they could've got him for it months ago... like rockcod said the best they can do is for 'bringing the game into disrepute'. basically so the afl and media don't look like pissweak dickheads and so the holier than thou bogans can feel good.

Essendon probably can't afford to keep fighting so long against the rich afl and it makes the club look worse if it goes on so they just accepted that.. not so bad compared to NRL clubs.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Because it is up to ASADA to deliver the drug related stuff. Also it is a broad thing, he did that by endangering the players.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Because it is up to ASADA to deliver the drug related stuff. Also it is a broad thing, he did that by endangering the players.
I will be surprised if asada does anything. And for Hird I'd say it was probably more acquiesence than actually being active in it...

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...yers-were-banned-thompson-20130729-2qv9v.html

the last part says a lot

What do you recon @ZoSo , Ned Zelic interim Dons coach?
For me, defintiely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)