Official: 20 Teams In Serie A Next Season (1 Viewer)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Official: 20 Teams In Serie A Next Season, 22 In Serie B

Galliani and Co have reached a decision
09/09/2003. Following this afternoon's Lega Calcio meeting, it has been announced that as of next season, Serie A will contain 20 teams, while 22 will play in Serie B.

The move comes after Serie B sides protested at the decision of the federation to enlarge Serie B to 24 teams. Fiorentina's promotion also angered many as they went up on stature alone.

This season there will be five promotions from Serie B and three relegations from Serie A, plus a playoff between Serie B's 6th highest side and Serie A's 4th from bottom.

On Thursday Serie B's matchday three will be played, while the first two rounds will be played on another date.

Buy on AliExpress.com

nina

Feb 18, 2001
That playoff sounds interesting, but we'll have to wait and see how it'll work out in reality :undecide:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
OK, this means that ALL the serie B teams are ok with this new rules?¿?¿

They will play all on weekend?

What about the coppa italia??¿ i heard that some of the renegade teams received a punish of a 3-0 loss in the games for not playing it.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
aren't the players playing enough games every season! :stress: !

not they're gonna have to play 4 more!
First Juve wants to Reduce their stadium capacity to 32,000+ and now seire A wants to imitate the EPL with this wierd decision.

i'd like to know the exact reason behind this and who it's really gonna benefit..:groan:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
yeah majed,it's gonna make serie a less competitive,and i think they're just trying to make serie a on a more equal level with the othere(la liga,epl).

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
aren't the players playing enough games every season! :stress: !

not they're gonna have to play 4 more!
First Juve wants to Reduce their stadium capacity to 32,000+ and now seire A wants to imitate the EPL with this wierd decision.

i'd like to know the exact reason behind this and who it's really gonna benefit..:groan:
it will benefit the league Admisttration people becoz right the Serie B is a mess and need to be settle soon as possible... only this way will make every people happy and nothing have to be brought to court...

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
18 teams was a + for us.with 20 teams i don't know how much worse will be,but it will be worse for sure. **** galiani he knows nothing

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
finally! :extatic:

I don't know if it's good for the italian football, but I always thought 4 relegated teams out of 18 is damn too much.
it's very frustrating and hard to be a small team, so the small teams in Italy aren't as good as in spain and england. i'm not talking about the big teams. IMO the major improvement is for the small teams.

Jul 12, 2002
I'm not sure that this really helps anyone, but it may have the indirect effect of making the Serie B more competitive.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
I don't like this decision at all :groan:
I think it will make serie A less competitive and it will add unuseful matches to add stress 4 the players that already play too mutch!

I agree with Oded post but IMO the best solution was to reduce the relegations from 4 to 3.

This new rule sucks but it was the only way to convince serie B teams to play :(
And guys do you know that all this mess started from a Siena player who was banned but played in a Primavera match than the week after played vs Catania who than wanted the 3 point saying that this man didn't attended the banning... than the bad luck wanted that Catania was relegated to serie C 4 just one point so started making problems with ordinary justice to stay in B... and from that we arrived to put back in B all the relegated teams + Fiorentina to replace Cosenza that failed... than all the serie B teamd complained cause it wuold be more difficult to go to A and stopped the league... so now to please them they decided to add 2 of them to serie A.

Unbilivable!!! All this mess and revolutions 4 a stupid banning! :fero:
FIGC SUCKS!!! :fero::fero::fero: They are unble to do anything...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)