Oddo confirms Juve interest (2 Viewers)

Tha Bo$$

May 15, 2003
Why would we buy another RB when we already have 3! Zebina, Birindelli and Thuram............

our defence for next season

Zebina Thuram Legro Zambrotta

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Tha Bo$$ ] ++
Why would we buy another RB when we already have 3! Zebina, Birindelli and Thuram............

That might be true..I guess the rumor about Addo is because Thuram might leave...in this situation we must sign a RB

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003

Thuram is at an age which doesnt see him get forward as he once did back in his hayday. Birindelli is only, and will only, be back up to either the RB or LB position. Zebina is not great at moving forward from that role either.

IMO that juve needs to have a player on the right who can be similar to that of zambrotta on the left. hence, Oddo fits that desciption. What i dont understand is why Moggi hasnt approached Trabelsi as yet. He is on a free and is just as good as oddo, if not better. This is way we could bring in another good defender with the cash we would have spent of oddo.

Romano, Rodriguez has signed for Villareal recently. I thought we may have had since mexes, nor ferrari look like joining juve this summer.

Tha Bo$$

May 15, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Freddy ] ++

That might be true..I guess the rumor about Addo is because Thuram might leave...in this situation we must sign a RB
So u think Oddo is the same quality as Thuram...hahahaha:D

If we did sell Thuram and purchased Oddo, I think we would be looking for the record of most goals conceeded in one season again...

Oddo Zebina Legro Zambrotta

That looks really weak:groan:

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003

So u think Oddo is the same quality as Thuram...hahahaha:D

If we did sell Thuram and purchased Oddo, I think we would be looking for the record of most goals conceeded in one season again...

Oddo Zebina Legro Zambrotta

That looks really weak:groan:
I like the Oddo and Zambro positions,
But Legro...put Canna there.at least.it will be solid imo.

Jul 28, 2002
can someone tell me why we want odd for??? why?? average right back who cant even displace panucci in the azzuri!!! why do we want him???why?? waste of money when we can get soo much better....dont say bonera!!, Trabelsi anyone?? why go for oddo??

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
can someone tell me why we want odd for??? why?? average right back who cant even displace panucci in the azzuri!!! why do we want him???why?? waste of money when we can get soo much better....dont say bonera!!, Trabelsi anyone?? why go for oddo??
Okay well I guess that means we shouldn't get Mexes or Gilardino either, right?

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
What i dont understand is why Moggi hasnt approached Trabelsi as yet. He is on a free and is just as good as oddo, if not better. This is way we could bring in another good defender with the cash we would have spent of oddo.
Because Trabelsi isn't free, he lost he's trial and still has two years left on his contract...

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Freddy ] ++

Are we being linked with Eric Addo from PSV now ?

:D

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
And Pirlo and Gattuso cant displace zanetti and Perrotta in the team, that doesnt mean that pirlo and gattuso are not good. Traps his favourites, and Panucci is one of those players unfortunately.

Oddo is average. He is a good right back who moves forward very well. Thuram is getting old now, we cant expect him to make great runs and score goals like he was for France in the 98WC. Its either he moves into the middle, or he leaves. Besides Trabelsi, there really isnt any other good right backs available. Puyol was a chance for a while, but with trez staying now, i dont see any barca dealings this season.

Trabelsi to me is the better player, but i dont think Capello, nor Moggi are looking at him unfortunately. Ze Maria was rumoured, but he is old.

Whoelse is there besides Oddo and Trabelsi who are available for right back?

Aug 1, 2003
Trabelsi would be grand, but if we can't get him I think we'll just make do with Oddo, although I do think he's better at going forward than his defense, and that's not exactly what we need. but atm anyone is better than our current defense.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
My choice would be Zambrotta as a right back and Jankulovski as a left back! However, this is unlikely to happen, and Oddo is fine, because he is cheaper than Trabelsi and a good player!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
Whoelse is there besides Oddo and Trabelsi who are available for right back?
i don't think hinkel would be too hard to pry away from stuttgart if a solid bid is tabled(something around 6-8m should be more than enough)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i like how lahm is looking too,but i don't think he's even worth mentioning at this point.hinkel also has a contract till 2008 iirc,so we'll have to look elsewhere.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
yeah. we like players who are for free :excited: ;)
well who doesn't?! and Lacki, Danish didn't fix that match, I'm surprised to see you saying so... I agree with DP, it's Italy's own fault...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)