Obodo e Panucci verso la Juve (1 Viewer)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
'ld play Frankie and Emerson in central midfield. They'd have it all. Creativity, tackling, passing, good workrate, great finishing... They'd be deadly.
agreed...
but Lampard is chelsea icon..he wouldn't leave the blues.

Mar 14, 2004
Bianconeri bid for Obodo
Sunday 21 November, 2004

Fiorentina midfielder Chris Obodo admits he is among a list of potential buys for Juventus, which also includes Christian Panucci.

“I am not one of those players who loses concentration when he’s at the centre of transfer talk,” stated the young Nigerian. “In fact, to hear a big club like Juve is interested in me can only push me on to do even better.”

Obodo first hit the Serie A scene as a teenager with Perugia, but has really matured at the Stadio Artemio Franchi this season with strong performances and three stunning goals – including a 40-yard lob against Lecce.

“I am very happy in Florence and settled in immediately,” he told ‘Tuttosport’. “That’s why I would only think of moving on at the end of the season. Mind you, if Juventus called me then I’d happily go to Turin for such a great club.”

The Bianconeri are reportedly looking at three big name January signings to ensure their second string squad is every bit as competitive as the preferred eleven.

The disappointing 2-0 Coppa Italia defeat at Atalanta rang alarm bells and Fabio Capello is said to be eyeing up Lazio’s Simone Inzaghi, Udinese striker Vincenzo Iaquinta – also a target for Milan – and his old friend Christian Panucci.

The Roma defender has followed Capello to Milan, Real Madrid and the Giallorossi, while he would certainly be available for a transfer following his row with Coach Gigi Del Neri. Panucci was frozen out of the squad for several weeks as punishment and, although the situation has been resolved, he does not form part of his plans.

Instead, Del Neri would be overjoyed to have his former Chievo prodigy Nicola Legrottaglie back in the squad and Juve are content with this straight swap loan deal.

Other players set to leave Turin are Igor Tudor, Mark Iuliano and perhaps Alessandro Birindelli if Marek Jankulovski makes the move from Udinese.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/nov21h.html

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Obodo Welcomes Juve Rumours
11/22/2004 12:00:00 PM
Fiorentina midfielder Chris Obodo has admitted that he would like to join Juventus.
"I’m not one of those players annoyed by the market talk; for me, they do not provoke distraction neither a disturbance, to the contrary they excite me and it gives new stimulus," he said.

"They push me to work always better. Saying this, I will only think about these reports at the end of the season. In Florence I am very happy and I am settled here.

"Juventus? If they called me, I would gladly go, they’re a great club. But I repeat, in the Viola shirt I am very happy."

source: goal.com

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
I'm really dissapointed coz I believe that Juve will try to get Panucci, I don't want to see him wearing our great bianconeri shirt... this is sooo depresing...

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
Other players set to leave Turin are Igor Tudor, Mark Iuliano and perhaps Alessandro Birindelli if Marek Jankulovski makes the move from Udinese..
this sucks i hope that at least birindelli stays with us till he dies.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Birindelli can work in Juventus, but not on the pitch ;) when he retires, just like Ferrara and Montero and Iuliano and Pessotto. They are our heroes. They have done great things and won it all with Juventus. I hope that they will stay in the club forever!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)