Now Vice President of FIGC Innocenzo Mazzini Resigns! (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
FIGC Vice-President Mazzini resigns
Wednesday 10 May, 2006
After FIGC President Franco Carraro, it was confirmed this evening that Vice-President Innocenzo Mazzini has also resigned.

The Federation released an official statement announcing the decision to hand in his resignation following the growing scandal surrounding Juventus.

Bianconeri director general Luciano Moggi’s alleged telephone conversations with refereeing designator Pierluigi Pairetto were recorded by investigators and printed in newspapers in Italy last week.

“My current state of mind in personal and federal terms is extremely uncomfortable,” explained Mazzini.

“As a citizen and a man of sport, I have not been hit by disciplinary action, or a legal challenge Nonetheless, I feel it best to leave now and clarify any misunderstanding.”

The Federation has come under increasing pressure as a result of the telephone interception allegations which has brought into question the credibility of the Italian game.

Although Carraro pledged that the “sporting justice system would act quickly and with vigour,” he threw in the towel on Monday.

“The Federation’s commitment in the coming days and months are so many and large that it will need a management that is fully able to fulfil its functions and concentrate on itself,” stated Carraro.

Carraro’s decision to step down, which he was set to do later this year anyway, has seen Vice-President Giancarlo Abete automatically promoted to the top job.

Well, seems like Italian football is a complete disaster at the moment, which only means terrible news for Juventus. We could be losing a lot of supposed fans this summer..

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    The only option is to fire Moggi and Giraudo. They are clearly criminals in the world of sport and I want thier resignations right now. What a terrible and disasterous day for Juventus.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Andy said:
    Well, seems like Italian football is a complete disaster at the moment, which only means terrible news for Juventus. We could be losing a lot of supposed fans this summer..
    who cares, I am staying. I won't even watch Serie A anymore If Juve is not there. even if we play in Serie B the next 20 years, I will still support only Juve :stuckup:

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6
    snoop said:
    who cares, I am staying. I won't even watch Serie A anymore If Juve is not there. even if we play in Serie B the next 20 years, I will still support only Juve :stuckup:
    Good man. I will be supporting us along with you. :tup:

un altro alex

Jan 15, 2006
    maybe capello's high ambition will push him to leave. he can break his contract if giraudo leaves. :agree: I'd rather serie B without Capello, then serie A with him :D
    and so what if we don't win the scudetto for a year, we'll win in the next. they'll never stop us, no matter how many times they attack us. brb i'm going to sing the national anthem for a while

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)