Norberto Murara Neto (2 Viewers)

OP
Bianconero_Aus

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
  • Thread Starter #46
    He's made terrible blunders almost every time I've seen him play.

The best example is the first Sevilla game. Just atrocious.
    Name a keeper that hasn't made a blunder in his career...they all do, and they are obviously singled it out for (unfairly) compared to players in other positions.

He is a good keeper.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
    Whenever I mention him I just remember that Pirlo free kick against purple rats last year (not this one) when we won 1-0 .Neto was keeper.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Name a keeper that hasn't made a blunder in his career...they all do, and they are obviously singled it out for (unfairly) compared to players in other positions.

He is a good keeper.
    That's true and the same goes for defenders, but you do have players who have all the ability in the world yet make blunders on a very regular basis. I think about David Luiz, Philippe Mexes or our very own Martin Caceres for example.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    He's not mediocre, he'd start for nearly every Serie A club, but I dont want him to be Gigi's eventual replacement.
    It really comes down to whether the club see him as a backup to Gigi or the heir/understudy. I think it's the former.

We were quite heavily linked with Trapp a season or two ago, wonder where that deal disappeared. He would probably make for a better no.2 understudy than Neto. Can't really see Neto being an eventual replacement to Gigi but more like a solid and very reliable no.2 backup - be it in the league or CL.

OP
    Bianconero_Aus

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
  • Thread Starter #57
    It really comes down to whether the club see him as a backup to Gigi or the heir/understudy. I think it's the former.

We were quite heavily linked with Trapp a season or two ago, wonder where that deal disappeared. He would probably make for a better no.2 understudy than Neto. Can't really see Neto being an eventual replacement to Gigi but more like a solid and very reliable no.2 backup - be it in the league or CL.
    If Neto is happy to be Juventus' back-up keeper for the foreseeable future, I'm happy with that. We'd have (again) an extremely solid and capable keeper as back-up whenever our number 1 is unavailable. Better than relying on the likes of Nonno Chimenti.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    If Neto is happy to be Juventus' back-up keeper for the foreseeable future, I'm happy with that. We'd have (again) an extremely solid and capable keeper as back-up whenever our number 1 is unavailable. Better than relying on the likes of Nonno Chimenti.
    True, but I would count in Neto being ok with being No.2. Being about 25 and signing for a team where Gigi plays, knowing full well that the master keepers agenda is to play for at least another 3-4 years, I don't think he is imagining he would be starter any time soon. Unless of course, the club plan to start using Gigi a little more sparingly two years down the line.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    I think the plan is to use him now as a back-up, and then as a transitional keeper paired with a young prospect until said prospect matures into a true starter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)