Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (62 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Ajax are signing Calvin Bassey from Rangrers for over £20m. Spending some of that Martinez money. It's a good move for both clubs tbh.

Bassey I'm almost certain will end up going for a lot of money from Ajax, he's a beast for his age and has lots of promise.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Ajax are signing Calvin Bassey from Rangrers for over £20m. Spending some of that Martinez money. It's a good move for both clubs tbh.

Bassey I'm almost certain will end up going for a lot of money from Ajax, he's a beast for his age and has lots of promise.
He looked immense in the second half of the season. But because the sample size is so small it is hard to find a suitable value for him.

If he played like that over 18 months I'd be wanting Juve to be interested. Whether he can keep it up is the question but he is physically excellent and seems to be intelligent.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Harry will be someone else's problem, they already get Eriksen and on the verge of signing De Jong, with Fred, Bruno Fernandez and Van De Beek (familiar face for ETH). Maybe some club like Leeds who sell Kalvin Philips this season will have some interest
Good enough for Ajax does not mean good enough for a UTD that wants to compete on all fronts. Eriksen, VDB and the new defensive signings would raise all kind of red flags for me if I were a fan of utd.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
But isn't he defensive left back? Ajax just signed Wijndal for LB? Or they gonna use him as strictly CB?
He's interchangeable and has played left side of the central defenders more often in recent times than left back, including his outstanding EL form, I'm almost certain Ajax will use him there as the Martinez replacement.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He looked immense in the second half of the season. But because the sample size is so small it is hard to find a suitable value for him.

If he played like that over 18 months I'd be wanting Juve to be interested. Whether he can keep it up is the question but he is physically excellent and seems to be intelligent.
That's why I think £20m is more than fair, and Ajax can afford it. Very few players they sign turn out to be flops as it's the perfect growth environment for players. Look at their team from last season, virtually every player is desirable by a wealthier club.

For Rangers it's a lot of money (record sale by a long way) and that kind of money will go far in the SPL.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
That's why I think £20m is more than fair, and Ajax can afford it. Very few players they sign turn out to be flops as it's the perfect growth environment for players. Look at their team from last season, virtually every player is desirable by a wealthier club.

For Rangers it's a lot of money (record sale by a long way) and that kind of money will go far in the SPL.
Yeah really good move for him in that if he performs well he could be realistically looking at a top tier club within a season or two. Incredible for a player playing in Scotland and basically his first season as a starter.

I read it is a fee of 22m Euros + 5m bonus + 10% sell on, which is huge for Rangers.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Wait a sec, manure bough Lisandro Martinez for 57m eur as their new CB? How is shit guy gonna play CB in EPL with the height of 175cm? Ten Hag plays 3atb? because I can only see him working with that defence.

Apr 12, 2004
Wait a sec, manure bough Lisandro Martinez for 57m eur as their new CB? How is shit guy gonna play CB in EPL with the height of 175cm? Ten Hag plays 3atb? because I can only see him working with that defence.
He likes to play the way he did at Bayern. Small, fast players, good on the ball; ability to pass and dribble into and out of the back. Possession play. If you can get the ball down and play it and play a high line, then most of the rest doesn't matter. It's hard to get behind a line of quick defenders, and when the outside backs are as fast as the wingers, it's easy to body them off the ball in 25 meters versus their running 50 meters.

If he can get his team down, he's going to do wonders in the EPL. The problem is you need incredibly smart and agile pivots in midfield.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
He likes to play the way he did at Bayern. Small, fast players, good on the ball; ability to pass and dribble into and out of the back. Possession play. If you can get the ball down and play it and play a high line, then most of the rest doesn't matter. It's hard to get behind a line of quick defenders, and when the outside backs are as fast as the wingers, it's easy to body them off the ball in 25 meters versus their running 50 meters.

If he can get his team down, he's going to do wonders in the EPL. The problem is you need incredibly smart and agile pivots in midfield.
That all sounds nice on paper, but IMO in reality he will finish behind Tuchel Chelsea, Peps City, Klopps LFc, Contes Spurs and even Artetas Arsenal, they are not making top4 this year too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)