Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (35 Viewers)

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
@Knowah
Correct but the moment Chelsea were up for sale, the big boys came forward immediately and that was that - New owners within 2 weeks. There would be a mad scramble to buy Barcelona and for billions.
If the club heads towards administration, no way a sale is completed quickly. There'd be a ton of negotiations around the club's debt, including discussions on if going into administration to remove debt (appealling to new owners) would still take place.

Also, Chelsea were owned by either one or a few individuals. Barca is owned by its members. It is unclear how that would play a role in terms of the sales or purchase of the club but it wouldn't be as cut and dry. No doubt voting and negotiations would look very different so it is hard and probably futile to compare the two.

Finally, Chelsea wasn't in debt like Barcalona is when the club was sold. And most if not all of Chelsea debt lead back to Roman in some way and was constantly part of the negotiation. Barcalona's debt is very different.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Bayern behaving like self entitled cunts, but that's how Germans are anyway :p :stuckup:

I miss PI and Dai. Will they ever resurface/return? They're like the quality players we dearly miss, while we have so many Spares/Jabronis/Rabiots still posting.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Bayern behaving like self entitled cunts, but that's how Germans are anyway :p :stuckup:

I miss PI and Dai. Will they ever resurface/return? They're like the quality players we dearly miss, while we have so many Spares/Jabronis/Rabiots still posting.
What do you mean behaving? Bayern ARE self entitled cunts, always have bean. Not my problem that you rooted for them in CL bread, despite my warnings and Dai's warnings.

Since we're probably not going to reach the final, unless we get a huge slice of luck and a very favorable draw (provided we beat Villareal), I'd like to see Bayern dismantle PSG in a repeat of the 2020 final.
:disagree:

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Not saying Bayern as a club can't be arrogant, the club very much can.

But as soon as yesterday I was told a source was a total joke and shouldn't believe, some people now do the same trick. It's said out of a context regarding Barca and existence.

Rafael Honigstein said in a podcast that Bayern is asking for money upfront rather than installments (which has been their stance from the start anyway), then he made a joke in his podcast saying maybe it's because they believe Barca might not be around in 1-2 years anymore. This isn't a Bayern quote.

Another reason Bayern probably want it to be in one installment comes from the fact Barca took years to pay off the Vidal transfer, in 2021 they apparently still owed Bayern money - hence it's totally understandable the club wants the money paid at once.

Don't believe everything you read, perspective please.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Fiorentina signed Jovic.

Quite a coup to be honest, despite his last few years. Always liked him as a player so hopefully he does well.

Fiorentina seem to sign a ton of Balkan players. Even more than Inter, or so it appears. Do they have a big support base there? Always heard both Milan and Inter are very popular there but not sure about Fiorentina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Fiorentina signed Jovic.

Quite a coup to be honest, despite his last few years. Always liked him as a player so hopefully he does well.

Fiorentina seem to sign a ton of Balkan players. Even more than Inter, or so it appears. Do they have a big support base there? Always heard both Milan and Inter are very popular there but not sure about Fiorentina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Barely anyone follows Fiorentina (closely). I don't know if I'm objective there but I think until Calciopoli it was Juve that had the biggest support base by far. After that it kinda fell off but I still think Juve is easily in the top 3 along with Milan and Inter. I think Roma is very popular. I've never met Fiorentina, Napoli or Lazio fans. Not once.

As for Balkan players, I think it's a great market. There are many talented players here while they can be signed for peanutes and quite often they are developed into very decent or even great players, plus I think they are versatile when it comes to leagues.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
And they'll probably sell him for 50-60 million in two seasons. However, we don't have space right now, sadly. We also need to prioritize other positions first.

Hopefully, next summer we launch an assault on Scalvini, SMS and Udogie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)