Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (43 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Very strange decision if you ask me. Also giving a player so much power is ridiculous. I know money makes difference but it seems clear then that he doesnt want to leave France. You just dont turn down Real Madrid for more money. Psg might never win CL. Real wins it almost every other year. You know Mbappe is going to win CL within 5 seasons at Real. Psg has none. Messi appointed Tata Martino once as Barca coach. It was 2013-14 season. It backfired. Barca lost the league to Atletico and also knocked out in CL by Atletico. They had signed Neymar prior, the spanish core was still strong (Iniesta, Pique, Xavi). Next season Enrique comes in appointed by the management and wins the treble. Barca had a mediocre season the one year they gave Messi the power to appoint the coach. If Mbappe decides everything then it will cause lot of friction.
Having said that if i was Mbappe i would get rid of Messi and Neymar as soon as possible. Messi is finished. And Neymar is largely a wasted talent who has wasted his career rolling around and faking injury to have monthly break midseason to attend Brazil carnivals during his sister birthday. If Neymar doesnt win WC this winter with pivotal role i cant say how he justifies to be in some top 3 lists. Compare what Salah has done at the same time for instance.

Buy on AliExpress.com

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Look, this a good thing. Real misses out on a super player who would take them to the next level. PSG just made a retarded fucking decision that will hinder them in their quest to win the CL. Win-win for everyone else.
PSG keeping Madrid and Barca in check while the EPL clubs on track to be the new Supers.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Which one? Control over club decisions? I doubt that’s true. A control freak like PSG President never gives up something like that.
Ps. Would you give control over club decisions to a player with a 3 year contract?
Yeah I don't think it's that crazy. But no way he can provide anywhere near the value of what they're paying.

Seems like an attempt a power move from PSG but it makes it look like MBappe is almost bigger than the club. Anyway I'd bet this doesn't have any positive effect on M'Bappe's performances or the team as a whole.

- - - Updated - - -

PSG keeping Madrid and Barca in check while the EPL clubs on track to be the new Supers.
PSG is not keeping anyone in check. At least the gap between us and Madrid isn't even worse than it was before.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
This, and I´m quite sure they´ll pay him even more than the official figures through behind the curtain sponsor deals etc.

He´d be stupid to reject that kind of money at 23, he can always go to Real later.
Nah the Real dream is done.

No way a prime Mbappe takes a paycut by 50% to join another club in 3 or 4 years time.

He's made his bed with PSG. It's a business decision and I guess he's happy it being that way.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Nah the Real dream is done.

No way a prime Mbappe takes a paycut by 50% to join another club in 3 or 4 years time.

He's made his bed with PSG. It's a business decision and I guess he's happy it being that way.
+ Real are unlikely to forget Mbappe snubbing them this summer, they might be done with him.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
The problem is that if he desperately wants to leave like Harry Kane, he's stuck there.
He probably won't leave. He'll be a billionaire if he remains at PSG for the entirety of his career.

Plus it's not like they play in the Chinese league or something.

Like I said, it's a business decision taken by both him and his family and I'm sure he's happy with it. Any player in his position would've done the same.

The real tragic news here is how scummy organizations like UEFA let this slide and allow a state funded club to bend the rules to their benefit.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
@Xperd
Yes, but Ronaldo was a champion in multiple leagues and unless the French league miraculously becomes incredible, he'll get little recognition as a great. Legendary status is gone already.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
@Xperd
Yes, but Ronaldo was a champion in multiple leagues and unless the French league miraculously becomes incredible, he'll get little recognition as a great. Legendary status is gone already.
If he cared about that, he would be at Madrid right now.

His 'business' decision took more prominence over the 'sporting' decision.

Besides, he would still be competing for the CL with PSG so I guess he sees that as a compromise for choosing not to play in a better league.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He probably won't leave. He'll be a billionaire if he remains at PSG for the entirety of his career.

Plus it's not like they play in the Chinese league or something.

Like I said, it's a business decision taken by both him and his family and I'm sure he's happy with it. Any player in his position would've done the same.

The real tragic news here is how scummy organizations like UEFA let this slide and allow a state funded club to bend the rules to their benefit.
:agree:

It’s not about Mbappe specifically. This is about PSG operating with a different set of rules from everyone else. Only Man City comes close. And UEFA busy making new rules to do nothing but exacerbate this

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
If he cared about that, he would be at Madrid right now.

His 'business' decision took more prominence over the 'sporting' decision.

Besides, he would still be competing for the CL with PSG so I guess he sees that as a compromise for choosing not to play in a better league.
He is French. Becoming their icon and GOAT and the face of the club for all history would have a higher appeal to him than to a foreigner. And if he does win the CL with them and wins again with France then he'd have cemented his status as a football great.

I am disappointed we won't see him in Madrid it would have been very entertaining to follow

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I translate

'oh shit this time around it's somebody else doing some abhorrent thing to football which we used to do for the last 30 years. But since we can't match them I will just pretend to care about morals'

:lol:
La Liga want to sue PSG lol I swear PSG alone is richer than that league, I have no doubt this will fall on deaf ears and uefa wont give a shit as psg and ceferin are best buds now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)