Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (43 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
We are entering the era of Oil clubs' prominence. Likes of Chelsea, City and PSG are the ones splashing big money in covid market.

There's United too but as long as they have Ole, they'll continue to remain irrelevant.

Many thought these state funded clubs would go away eventually but they're here to stay and they have completely changed the status quo in club football.

It's going to be a dark few years for the Spanish and Italian teams. Soon Bayern will be in that same situation too.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
We are entering the era of Oil clubs' prominence. Likes of Chelsea, City and PSG are the ones splashing big money in covid market.

There's United too but as long as they have Ole, they'll continue to remain irrelevant.

Many thought these state funded clubs would go away eventually but they're here to stay and they have completely changed the status quo in club football.

It's going to be a dark few years for the Spanish and Italian teams. Soon Bayern will be in that same situation too.
Its going to be a hard task to rival them, I reckon we'll stay the financial underdogs until the status quo potentially change with TSL

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
EPL teams are on their own level. If I was a world class player I have no idea why I would not play there. Playing in La Liga or Serie A is like Lebron not playing in the NBA and signing for a European basketball team instead.
But then you have to look at Sharons and Shreks rather than Dilettas and Alessandros.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Even though I find White's transfer fee ridiculous, I do believe that outsiders to Serie A could have a similar feeling about paying 70mln for Chiesa a year ago or current evaluation of Romero at 60mln.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Chiesa is €10m loan, €40m permanent, €10m in variables (€60m max), for an attacking player. White is £50m (€58.5m) for a central defender who has played one season in the Premier League.

Romero is mentioned at €55m simply because it's a PL club buying, but I'm willing to bet that is the top end he goes for.

There is clearly a premium on English players just as there is for Italian players, but it's often more for the English players simply because the teams have more money and selling clubs can screw them. Just as Juve have a premium added for players we buy within the league.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Chiesa is €10m loan, €40m permanent, €10m in variables (€60m max), for an attacking player. White is £50m (€58.5m) for a central defender who has played one season in the Premier League.

Romero is mentioned at €55m simply because it's a PL club buying, but I'm willing to bet that is the top end he goes for.

There is clearly a premium on English players just as there is for Italian players, but it's often more for the English players simply because the teams have more money and selling clubs can screw them. Just as Juve have a premium added for players we buy within the league.
Agreed, the scale is definitely bigger in UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)