Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (53 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Alaba doesn't even want to play CB

Wasnt it he doesnt want to play LB anymore? Is fine with playing CB? Has been for years?

Its only in Austria he can demand and get to play in midfield. In club football he is a defender, he wasnt keen on being LB, so he was successfully turned into CB. He is possibly the most versatile player skill wise around, so can use him in many ways, but it should be up to the coach where he plays.

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
Idk I thought he likes playing LB over playing CB, but ask @Jethro
Wasnt it he doesnt want to play LB anymore? Is fine with playing CB? Has been for years?

Its only in Austria he can demand and get to play in midfield. In club football he is a defender, he wasnt keen on being LB, so he was successfully turned into CB. He is possibly the most versatile player skill wise around, so can use him in many ways, but it should be up to the coach where he plays.
He was fine with playing as CB until last season when he expressed his wish to play in midfield. I don't know if it was just another reason for him to leave, but he didn't want to play in defense anymore. I guess he'll have to settle with playing at CB in Madrid though.

But yeah, he preferred CB over LB in the last two years. Win-win situation for Bayern though when we got Davies.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
34 million plus add ons for Varane!!! World Cup winner, multiple Champions League & La Liga winner, 28 and one of the best CB's in the world. Wow!!! [@markgoldbridge]

If that's true , that's amazing transfer , only 34m for Varane , damn !!!

ilmetronome

Sep 16, 2020
Replacing Ramos and Varane with Kounde and Pau Torres must be exciting for Madrid supporters.
apart from Kounde and Pau Torres, they should be happy to get rid of two players who don't have anymore motivation at the club. They win everything an Real. Especially Ramos, he has win every cup possible with country too. In his last day of playing it's normal if he want guaranted pension money.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
apart from Kounde and Pau Torres, they should be happy to get rid of two players who don't have anymore motivation at the club. They win everything an Real. Especially Ramos, he has win every cup possible with country too. In his last day of playing it's normal if he want guaranted pension money.
On the other hand there are plenty of world class players who played at the highest level late in their thirties like Xavi, Iniesta, Modric, Ronaldo, Buffon, Chiellini, Scholes, Giggs, Maldini, Zanetti etc.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
34 million plus add ons for Varane!!! World Cup winner, multiple Champions League & La Liga winner, 28 and one of the best CB's in the world. Wow!!! [@markgoldbridge]

If that's true , that's amazing transfer , only 34m for Varane , damn !!!
Year left on contract.

He's a good defender but I've never really seen him as being excellent. He's definitely better than Lindelof and blockhead's supporting cast though.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I think Varane recently has been making a lot of mistakes, past couple of seasons especially. Some really high profile ones.

But before that he had a few good years with Real Madrid where he was a top defender. He was great in that period Real were winning successive CL's!

I think he's going to improve United significantly. He'll probably be one of the top 3 centerbacks in the league too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)