Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (96 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
Could have just kept James for cheap money. Coutinho isn't really a winger either.
He's going to be just like what James used to be, if he couldn't find his spot under Valverde i just can't see how he'll find it under Kovač. Two very limited managers. But i regard this transfer just given by player availability rather than strategy, as Honigstein said. Don't know how to react on this though.

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
A more expensive version of James. Player who doesn't really fit into your system. I'm sure in hindsight the management would have just kept James instead. The Sane injury effectively fucked your mercato.
I'm sure if Jupp stayed or if we had someone who would follow his legacy James still would be one of the best performers at Bayern. Players like him or Coutinho thrive in certain systems or they just flop. But otherwise it's a good deal as loan with option to buy.

Yeah though. We've spent 2 months negotiating with Sane, and everything has been agreed except the transfer fee. Sucks.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Why would he flop? He is a fantastic player even if he was overvalued and was poor fit in Barca.
Not that he's a bad player, but neither is/was James. It's just that his position doesn't really exist under Kovac and it's pretty much a panic move imo. Chances are he'll have to play as makeshift winger, not really his best position. He probably will be able to rack up good numbers due to his quality, but still look somewhat like a misfit and out of place for big chunks of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)