Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (120 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
you're ruling Portugal with this approach, I don't see why you'd be unhappy about that. having powerful agents as allies imo have a lot more upside than downside, I'm glad Juve is on good relations with Raiola and Mendes

I see, but the big question is where those 700M you see there go, you look at other clubs and they invest in the squad, here the motto is to bring the players from the academy but they get sold at the best first offer. Then you look at the passive (debt) I believe is around 200M that's been there for years. And the president keeps saying we need to sell every year.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I see, but the big question is where those 700M you see there go, you look at other clubs and they invest in the squad, here the motto is to bring the players from the academy but they get sold at the best first offer. Then you look at the passive (debt) I believe is around 200M that's been there for years. And the president keeps saying we need to sell every year.
lol, the debt part is fucked up, I agree about that

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Yes, Benfica is run more like an enterprise than an actual football club with Mendes and the president to generate profit. Not sure if I should be happy about that.
Most football clubs are these days.

It's not so bad. All of this and still ruling the Primeria Liga.

Perhaps he does need to sell every year. How much revenue is being brought in from other sources in order to meet the player wages and business overheads etc? Benfica are listed on the Lisbon Stock Exchange - so will it all be public?

I'd look at the positives. A club team from the Portuguese League can never truly compete with the big leagues. But having an Academy that's creating that much talent means the Portugal national team can more than hold their own in World Football.

lol, the debt part is fucked up, I agree about that
200m (Euros?) is no big deal in an Enterprise generating that much cash flow.

- - - Updated - - -

Also...

Zaniolo not for sale, apparently.

https://www.football-italia.net/140808/petrachi-all-offers-evaluated

Guess Roma won't be taking Alderweireld then. And they thought Spurs would sell for less than the £25m release clause? LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Trippier sold to Atletico for £21.7m.

Cele.jpg

Last edited:

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
He's not very good.

Poch's doing a bit of a rebuild / refresh of the squad. A little pruning / future-proofing. Which includes letting some of the older players leave to give the younger ones an opportunity to develop. Think we'll ultimately see Juan Foyth (21) converted into an RB - which is where he's been playing for Argentina - and paired with Sessegnon (19) from Fulham at LB. I'd expect all players coming in this summer will be <23.

We've also four others that can play RB (Poch's always bought versatile players) and who are no worse than Trippier in that position. So I guess that £21m for our weak link was worth taking in order to reinvest.

Last edited:

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
Most football clubs are these days.

It's not so bad. All of this and still ruling the Primeria Liga.

Perhaps he does need to sell every year. How much revenue is being brought in from other sources in order to meet the player wages and business overheads etc? Benfica are listed on the Lisbon Stock Exchange - so will it all be public?

I'd look at the positives. A club team from the Portuguese League can never truly compete with the big leagues. But having an Academy that's creating that much talent means the Portugal national team can more than hold their own in World Football.

200m (Euros?) is no big deal in an Enterprise generating that much cash flow.

Are you an accountant? Yes, Benfica is in the Euronext Lisbon, the reports come out but things are still a bit shady. A lot is declared for sporting agents like Mendes and I believe that value is shared later with the president himself. He himself and his companies have 400M debt to the bank to be due in like 5 years. We win in Portugal despite him, not because of him. There's an interest to keep the debt of the club still alive to justify the sales every year despite saying this is the last year we sell every year, also the low investment on reinforcements only displays the lack of ambition to pursue any sport achievements rather than financial achievements.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Are you an accountant? Yes, Benfica is in the Euronext Lisbon, the reports come out but things are still a bit shady. A lot is declared for sporting agents like Mendes and I believe that value is shared later with the president himself. He himself and his companies have 400M debt to the bank to be due in like 5 years. We win in Portugal despite him, not because of him. There's an interest to keep the debt of the club still alive to justify the sales every year despite saying this is the last year we sell every year, also the low investment on reinforcements only displays the lack of ambition to pursue any sport achievements rather than financial achievements.
No. I am not an Accountant. I'm a Commercial Manager with a background in English law. I have zero knowledge of Portgual's financial systems or Benfica. Hence my questions.

But isn't that bold bit illegal? Maybe you should call the Police.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Report: Inter push for Bale
By Football Italia staff
Bale-1811-Roma-Florenzi-epa_1_1_0.jpg
EPA.png

Inter are reportedly in talks to bring Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale to the club.
Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane recently confirmed Bale was on his way out of the Santiago Bernabeu, admitting ‘if he can go tomorrow, it would be better’.
A return to Tottenham Hotspur and a lucrative move to China were quickly put forward, but Gazzetta dello Sport’s Nicolo Schira claims Inter now want to give Antonio Conte a ‘big signing’.
Conte has made no secret of his frustrations after the Nerazzurri’s failure to land Romelu Lukaku, and Schira writes talks are ‘in progress’ to take the 30-year-old.
Negotiations would be conducted by intermediary Nelio Lucas.
Bale has scored 102 goals and provided 64 assists in six years with Los Blancos, winning three Champions Leagues and a League title.
However, the Welshman has never truly warmed to the club’s fans and has struggled with injuries.
Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports. https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/

yes please :lol:

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
So this Fekir to crappy Betis Sevilla is getting serious.. Anybody an idea why this is happening? Wasn't he supposed to be a good player some time ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 120)