Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (169 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
If you're trying to say that BPL is more competitive than Serie A you are wrong. Last season City won the league before the race has properly begun. Previously you had ManU dominating, then Chelsea and City were basically exchanging the titles between themselves. In the last ten years I can remember only few examples when the title race was really tight. And if it was, it was only between two teams, not more.
A league where one team has won the league for seven years running (and the cup for 4 years running) is more competitive than a league that has 4 different winners in the last 6 years? Very well could be, but the final result always seems to be the same. In England the massive amounts of money that each teams receive allows them to have the chance to upset the status quo, like we saw with Leicester in -15. You can rarely guess the winner any year, let alone runners up.

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
Eh really? Another versatile player, I was under impresions that he's a RB.. atleast from what i saw in wc

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Played there because they have no other right back, Sidibe wasn't fit enough to play. He plays as centre back at Stuttgart 90% of time.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
If you're trying to say that BPL is more competitive than Serie A you are wrong. Last season City won the league before the race has properly begun. Previously you had ManU dominating, then Chelsea and City were basically exchanging the titles between themselves. In the last ten years I can remember only few examples when the title race was really tight. And if it was, it was only between two teams, not more.
I don't know what BPL is.

However, you needn't be so precious. Serie A and Bundelsiga is so dominated by Juve and Bayern that the others don't even have a chance to even become contenders a few years down the line. It wasn't always like that.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
A league where one team has won the league for seven years running (and the cup for 4 years running) is more competitive than a league that has 4 different winners in the last 6 years? Very well could be, but the final result always seems to be the same. In England the massive amounts of money that each teams receive allows them to have the chance to upset the status quo, like we saw with Leicester in -15. You can rarely guess the winner any year, let alone runners up.
It's funny you wrote the number of BPL winners in the last six years only because if you wrote 14 the number would be the same :p. Anyway, the last dramatic title races in EPL I remember are when the City overtook United in the last round and the famous slip by Stevie G. Other than that not so much. Whereas in Serie A, our first scudetto under Conte was epic. Then we had some nice battles with Roma/Napoli when they were doing very good (like last season or the season when we had that early dip in form).

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know what BPL is.

However, you needn't be so precious. Serie A and Bundelsiga is so dominated by Juve and Bayern that the others don't even have a chance to even become contenders a few years down the line. It wasn't always like that.
British Premier League. Well, then clearly you're not following Serie A to closely.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
It's funny you wrote the number of BPL winners in the last six years only because if you wrote 14 the number would be the same :p. Anyway, the last dramatic title races in EPL I remember are when the City overtook United in the last round and the famous slip by Stevie G. Other than that not so much. Whereas in Serie A, our first scudetto under Conte was epic. Then we had some nice battles with Roma/Napoli when they were doing very good (like last season or the season when we had that early dip in form).
If we go back farther the number of winners even out, duh, that's why we are talking about only the recent years which matter in this context. The only good title race in our reign of dominance in the Serie A was the 2011/12 season. Last season was alright, but Nipples crumbled again like they always do so one ever had really any doubts. No one has had any real doubts of the winners since 2012, while in BPL you can never guess the winner before the season starts. That's my point. Serie A is definitely exciting (thats why I watch it, duh) but there hasn't been a sense of competition in it in many many years. There hasn't been a Leicester, there hasn't been an Aguero last second goal, there hasn't been a slippy G, there has been only Juve. If you are talking about unpredictability, the Premier league ranks higher in my opinion.

However, since you consider some "nice battles with Roma" as a more exciting title race than for example Leicester winning the league, then lets agree to disagree.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
If we go back farther the number of winners even out, duh, that's why we are talking about only the recent years which matter in this context. The only good title race in our reign of dominance in the Serie A was the 2011/12 season. Last season was alright, but Nipples crumbled again like they always do so one ever had really any doubts. No one has had any real doubts of the winners since 2012, while in BPL you can never guess the winner before the season starts. That's my point. Serie A is definitely exciting (thats why I watch it, duh) but there hasn't been a sense of competition in it in many many years. There hasn't been a Leicester, there hasn't been an Aguero last second goal, there hasn't been a slippy G, there has been only Juve. If you are talking about unpredictability, the Premier league ranks higher in my opinion.

However, since you consider some "nice battles with Roma" as a more exciting title race than for example Leicester winning the league, then lets agree to disagree.
Buffon said he thought we lost the title to Napoli after the loss in Turin (it was like the 5th round from the end? So final stage of the season) and half of tuZ was thinking we won't even reach top4 in that season when we were in the second half of the table after 10 rounds but you always knew how it was going to end :tup:

I'm not saying the EPL is not more exciting than Serie A. I'm opposing the opinion that there is some huge difference because it is not true.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Buffon said he thought we lost the title to Napoli after the loss in Turin (it was like the 5th round from the end? So final stage of the season) and half of tuZ was thinking we won't even reach top4 in that season when we were in the second half of the table after 10 rounds but you always knew how it was going to end :tup:

I'm not saying the EPL is not more exciting than Serie A. I'm opposing the opinion that there is some huge difference because it is not true.
There is a massive difference. No teams have the power or finances to usurp Juventus, and won't have for a while it seems. There is absolutely no team that has the financial structure, stadium set-up, fanbase, directors, marketing plan, brand, players etc. that can rival Juventus. Barely no teams have their own stadium, barely any people seem to even go to the stadiums, the youth systems are a shadow of what they were (just look at the NT) and a crap ton of teams are going bankrupt almost every goddamn month. The money moving in Serie A is an absolute joke; our bottom feeders like Benevento and Frosinone scrape the bottom of the bucket for players and get fukd right back to Serie B while in the PL the bottom feeders like Wolves are bidding for massive players and teams like Leicester have an actual possibility of winning the league despite the gulf of the odds because they have a solid structure and a more than decent income.

Roma and Napoli do what they can and are trying their best in their situation while Inter are salvaged only by the Chinese and their money. However, these teams still pale in comparison to Juve and even if one of these teams manages to win the league ONCE in the upcoming years, Juventus will snatch it right back because of the longterm system put in to place years ago.

The top 4 in Serie A for the next 3 seasons is pretty much locked with Juve 90% chance of winning it and Inter, Roma and Napoli exchanging places. Meanwhile in the PL, you cannot say for sure who will win in the next 3 seasons because teams like Tottenham, Liverpool, United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal all have the structure in place that make it possible for them to win it, while teams like West Ham, Everton and co. all have the funds to give the top teams a push.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
British Premier League. Well, then clearly you're not following Serie A to closely.
British? English.

Given that you're not following the existence of a country that is more than 1,000 years old too closely, then it's hard to take your opinion seriously.

Anyway. My point wasn't that Everton are ruining the market. It was that things would be more even if your rival clubs in Serie A had a bit more nous about them commercially.

I'd also suggest that it is more Liverpool disturbing the market as they are paying silly money for decent players, and which does have more of a knock on and trickle down effect. Because of van Dijk, £75m is now the price for an international class CB.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
British? English.

Given that you're not following the existence of a country that is more than 1,000 years old too closely, then it's hard to take your opinion seriously.

Anyway. My point wasn't that Everton are ruining the market. It was that things would be more even if your rival clubs in Serie A had a bit more nous about them commercially.

I'd also suggest that it is more Liverpool disturbing the market as they are paying silly money for decent players, and which does have more of a knock on and trickle down effect. Because of van Dijk, £75m is now the price for an international class CB.
Not sure things would be more even if others were richer, if Turin was in England, I think Juve would be dominating EPL just like they dominate Serie A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 165)