Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (54 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juventine

Little Witch
Jul 11, 2008
Something sneaky is going on with Genoa - Milan transfers. 10mln for co-ownership? Lol, I bet they are washing some money.
The price is simply 5-5.5M + half Merkel = half El Shaarawy, not 10M and it's a co-ownership for two players, each for one club. Think about it, if Merkel stays at Milan, he won't get much playing time and his price will not rise thus Milan gains nothing. By sending him to Genoa, he will get playing time (but you have to give Genoa half of the player in order for them to benefit as well). If Merkel flops, Milan doesn't really lose much. If Merkel becomes a star, Milan can buy his other half back at a reasonable price. The same happens to El Shaarawy. If he flops, Milan will not buy his other half. If he reaches his potential, Milan buys the other half. Becuase Milan has already had half of the player and the good relationship between the two clubs, Genoa won't be able to rise the second half at an unresonable price. In this case, 20-25M in total for a player of this kind is reasonable. Right now half 10M with a total of more than 20M for Shaarawy is just ipotetic price in case he reaches his potential, not what Milan has paid at all.

Prezioci intented to rise the actual value of Merkel (saying Merkel is now worth 10M blahblahblah) because Genoa fans are very very angry about this deal. They consider El Shaarawy their best youth talent since Panucci and someone you sell to big club only until he develops into something big.

I don't think it's money washing anyway. It's a sharing risk-benefit deal, fair for both clubs.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
The price is simply 5-5.5M + half Merkel = half El Shaarawy, not 10M and it's a co-ownership for two players, each for one club. Think about it, if Merkel stays at Milan, he won't get much playing time and his price will not rise thus Milan gains nothing. By sending him to Genoa, he will get playing time (but you have give Genoa half of the player in order for them to benefit as well). If Merkel flops, Milan doesn't really lose much. If Merkel becomes a star, Milan can buy his other half back at a reasonable price. The same happens to El Shaarawy. If he flops, Milan will not buy his other half. If he reaches his potential, Milan buys the other half. Becuase Milan has already had half of the player and the good relationship between the two clubs, Genoa won't be able to rise the second half at an unresonable price. In this case, 20-25M in total for a player of this kind is reasonable. Right now half 10M with a total of more than 20M for Shaarawy is just ipotetic price in case he reaches his potential, not what Milan has paid at all.
a transfer saga in a paragraph :hellyes:

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
no probs :D

I'd like to believe VB would stay at Porto this year and have a go at the CL with that team ... but that's a lot of wishful thinking involved :)
If he goes, the whole team may disintegrate after that, so I suppose everyone at Porto - from president to players - would do everything to convince him to stay.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Luka Modric dropped a bombshell on Tottenham when he told Sportsmail he wants to leave White Hart Lane and sign for Chelsea.
The midfielder took the stunning decision to declare his reasons for wanting to join Chelsea, who are preparing a second offer for the Croat in the next 48 hours.
It is an action that will enrage his employers and Spurs supporters, but Modric says he wants to move to a club with ambitions of winning the Barclays Premier League title and is going public to force the issue.

True Blue: Luka Modric has dropped a bombshell on Tottenham by asking to leave
Last night the 25-year-old spoke to Sportsmail from his holiday boat and said: 'I want to leave Tottenham as friends. I have enjoyed my time there, but now it is right for me to look at another club.
'I have an arrangement with the chairman. When I signed my new contract, he said that, if another club came to sign me, they would consider the offer.’
A second Chelsea offer is due - and this time the price will rise from their opening £22million bid to closer to £30m.
And Modric said: 'Chelsea are a big club with an ambitious owner. They have great players and they have ambitions to fight for the title and win the Champions League.
'I want to stay in London. I am very happy here and so are my family. I like the city.’

Stuck in the middle: Modric doesn't want to anger Tottenham fans but is desperate to win trophies
The news will explain why Manchester City and Manchester United have been monitoring and talking, rather than formally bidding. They have clearly got wind of Modric’s desire to stay in London in the last 24 hours, which puts Chelsea in pole position.
'I don’t want to have an argument with Tottenham,’ said Modric. 'The supporters have been very good to me and I have enjoyed my time playing for the club, but it is for football that players leave clubs and move. It has happened to Tottenham before. It is normal for a player to dream about playing for a bigger club.’
Modric will speak to Spurs chairman Daniel Levy about arranging the transfer but insists the desire to leave is not about money.

Taste of the top: Modric has been driven by his desire to play in the Champions League again
'If somebody comes to the club and the offer is good for me and acceptable to them, then I want to leave,’ he said. 'It has to be good for my ambition. It has to be a club who are winning titles and playing in the Champions League.
'This is not about money, it is about ambition. When I came to England, I was dreaming about winning titles. That is still the same.
'Tottenham are a big club, with good players and a good manager, but I want to fight for the championship. Spurs will always have a place in my heart. My experiences in the Champions League have left me with the desire for more.’

Rebuilding project: Harry Redknapp and chairman Daniel Levy face the tough task of finding a replacement for the supremely talented Croatian midfielder
When asked what happens next, Modric said: 'I need to talk with the chairman. I won’t ask for a transfer, no. That would be disrespectful. I hope they can reach an agreement (with another club) that is satisfactory for everyone. I am on holiday, but I need to speak and to see if I can find a solution to this.’
Spurs fans will expect Levy to offer Modric a new contract and keep his word. The chairman has said that he will not allow the player to go, while manager Harry Redknapp described the original Chelsea offer as 'ridiculous’.

Never thought we'd see this.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Wow, so I guess Chelsea will be scary next year. Doesn't come as a big surprise though, as Aaron said Tottenham is Tottenham

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I think he would eventually replace Lampard?
I think Modric is best used as a deep lying PMer - in Obi Mikel's position in the current squad. Lampard adds diff qualities to the team, I think, with his runs forward and support of the front 3 ... not sure Luca M would be as effective in that role. Hernanes or a similar player would be a better fit for a Lampard replacement, me thinks.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I think Modric is best used as a deep lying PMer - in Obi Mikel's position in the current squad. Lampard adds diff qualities to the team, I think, with his runs forward and support of the front 3 ... not sure Luca M would be as effective in that role. Hernanes or a similar player would be a better fit for a Lampard replacement, me thinks.
Modric looks to like getting forward a bit, I'm sure they won't bench Lampard so they'll probably do like you say.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I dont want to encourage "disloyalty", but thats how to do it, Modric doesnt find Spurs ambitious enough, and makes it clear. In comparison, Cesc who though spent long time in Gunners and has loyal fans, finds Arsenal frustratingly unambitious and wants to leave. But he doesnt have the nerve to make it public to force Arsenal hands. Instead this will be a 3rd summer of pussy footing around leaving. Expecting Barca to pay ridicolous amount of money off the bat Arsenal are demanding (because they want to naturally keep him, raise price to real high), like they are in bad need of him (when they arent, he needs them way more). Not willing to do what its necessary to make the process of leaving easier. By making statement like above Modric (Tottenham would still take Chelsea to the cleaners fee wise).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 50)