Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (38 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Napoli could be a very strong squad next season.

GK
Astori - Cannavaro - Britos
Maggio - Nainggolan - Inler - Zuniga
Hamsik
Insigne - Dzeko​

Very solid squad, especially if they get a decent GK. De Sanctis retired, right?
I dont see Dzeko to Napoli happening, but that is a decent team! With guys like Dzemaili, Armero, Pandev and Behrami still around too.

I think De Sanctis only retired from the national team.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Yup, his reasoning was that he is older than Buffon and its obvious he'll never displace him, so Buffon's understudy should be a younger keeper who will in time become the No1.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I actually find Zuniga to be massively overrated on this forum. This supposed "big upgrade" on Asamoah has 0 goals and 5 assists this season.
Oh, I never said he's an upgrade over Asamoah. If anything I think people bash Asamoah for no reason, he had a good season and his assists/goals are fairly decent considering he's playing out of position.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
exactly. futhermore it´s much easier to earn assists when you are passing/crossing to cavani... ;). asamoah did well (but is still a CM).

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Regardless of that, he takes his man on and offers wing penetration. It makes Napoli far more unpredictable than they would be without him.
And for all that, he still isn't very effective for them in attacking sense, compared to the much maligned Asamoah who is playing out of position, yet still has more goals and assists to his name.

I don't mind Zuniga as a player, but if he is getting outperformed this season by a CM playing as LWB (who himself hasn't been as good since ACON), then it doesn't speak well of his abilities.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
And for all that, he still isn't very effective for them in attacking sense, compared to the much maligned Asamoah who is playing out of position, yet still has more goals and assists to his name.

I don't mind Zuniga as a player, but if he is getting outperformed this season by a CM playing as LWB (who himself hasn't been as good since ACON), then it doesn't speak well of his abilities.
Ah, stats. :touched:

Zuniga isn't there to score goals and making assists. He gives his team dimension and width. He's a threat offensively and is decent enough defensively. Asamoah simply offers defensive guarantees. We'd be a better team with Zuniga instead of Asamoah in a 3-5-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)