Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (53 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Dunno if it's true but that deal also included Rooney to Everton for free plus they are paying a big part of his wages.
Yeah I also heard that on a YouTube video, but I thought Rooney was included on the valuation of the 85M I mentioned previously

I don't even know how to react to that...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Compared to late 90s? I don't see a big difference. Compared to earlier stages of the game, yeah. Either way, players' recovery from ACL is faster and less dangerous nowadays. Some will say advanced medicine. Some will say roids :D
Yeah medicine and technology has increased unbelievably in 20 years, as you'd expect. Imagine another 20 years from now.

Some people think the type of grass, traction on the boots, the softer footballs that get away easier and other things are a factor. They probably are but most ACL are from twists and turns. Players twist and turn more now, whether from the speed of the game or because of the combination of players being a higher technical level playing at speed.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Yeah medicine and technology has increased unbelievably in 20 years, as you'd expect. Imagine another 20 years from now.

Some people think the type of grass, traction on the boots, the softer footballs that get away easier and other things are a factor. They probably are but most ACL are from twists and turns. Players twist and turn more now, whether from the speed of the game or because of the combination of players being a higher technical level playing at speed.
:tup:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
This is a crazy amount of money for Morata.
yeah, the guy is a part time player for Real, 10-12 wages and 85 transfer fee is superstar level, he's hardly a star at this point in his career, all potential.

I wonder how much we'd have to pay for Kroos if their reserves are this expensive

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
yeah, the guy is a part time player for Real, 10-12 wages and 85 transfer fee is superstar level, he's hardly a star at this point in his career, all potential.

I wonder how much we'd have to pay for Kroos if their reserves are this expensive
Exactly. Lukaku is a proven player at this point with many great seasons. Morata is basically a super-sub with potential. To pay 80+ for such player is insanity.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

The game is faster, the risks are higher. If anything the pitches and boots have become much better, so that's clearly not why we're seeing more acl injuries now.

Btw I agree that a lot of players come back perfectly fine from an acl tear, but there are still cases where they never come back quite the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)