Noel Gallagher Quits Oasis (1 Viewer)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Aug. 29 (Bloomberg) -- Oasis chief songwriter and guitarist Noel Gallagher says he has quit over a breakdown in relations with his brother Liam, the U.K. rock band’s singer.

Oasis was one of the bands to pioneer Britrock in the 1990s with songs such as “Wonderwall” and “Live Forever.” The group sold more than 60 million records, both singles and albums, and won Brit and MTV Europe awards.

Oasis had been due to play the Rock en Seine festival in Paris last night, but pulled out minutes before taking the stage, with video screens saying the show was canceled because of “an altercation within the band.” Liam, 36, smashed Noel’s guitar before the planned Paris gig, prompting the walkout, the U.K.’s Daily Mail reported today.

Appearances at the U.K.’s V Festival last weekend were also canceled with just hours notice after the band’s management said Liam was suffering from a throat infection.

“It’s with some sadness and great relief to tell you that I quit Oasis,” Gallagher, 42, wrote in a statement on the band’s Web site today. “People will write and say what they like, but I simply could not go on working with Liam a day longer. Apologies to all the people who bought tickets for the shows in Paris, Konstanz and Milan.”

Oasis was on the last leg of a world tour, the act’s biggest, in support of its seventh studio album “Dig Out Your Soul,” which received mixed reviews on its release.

Love-Hate Brothers

“We’ve been arguing for years,” Noel Gallagher said in a 1995 interview. “It’s that creative tension, if that’s what you call it, that keeps us going.”

Alan McGee, the record executive who discovered Oasis in 1993, told the British Broadcasting Corp. that both brothers had walked out of shows before and the band had finally carried on because the Gallaghers really “love each other.”

In an interview with the New Musical Express this year, Noel said the two did not speak and only met on stage. “He doesn’t like me and I don’t like him,” he said.

Noel has released records and made solo appearances in aid of the Teenage Cancer Trust where he has performed some of his best-known songs such as “Cast No Shadow” and “Don’t Look Back in Anger.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disappointing,yet not that unexpected.If Noel's departure is permanent,then i have to say,this is it for Oasis.Liam has developed as a songwriter,and but he is absolutley nothing compared to Noel.

Buy on AliExpress.com

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Noel will do a few solo albums then Oasis will reform.

The Gallaghers fall out all the time so a year or two apart to do their own thing will be good for both of them.

This might even be a blessing in disguise because they'll come back with a fresher sound.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Great news isnt it. Another mediocre. boring, repetetive band bites the dust.
:tup: lets do a beatles sounding album......now lets do a rolling stones sounding album....oh,wait...lets do another beatles sounding album

Dont know what all the fuss about Oasis is. I heard a few songs back in college, and they didnt seem special.
they wish they were even half teh group the stone roses were

David01

Aug 20, 2006
this isn't the first time the brothers had an argument and it won't be the last
in a year they will kiss and make up before they smash each other's skull again
that's rock and roll for you baby

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Possibly my favourite band, but probably would have been better if this split had happened ten years ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)