No new deal yet for Zlatan (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Category: <b>General</b><br><br>Juventus are not in the process of extending Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s contract, his agent revealed today. "It’s completely wrong," said Mino Raiola.

Reports in Italy had suggested that Ibrahimovic was poised for a new golden handshake that would tie him to the Bianconeri until 2010 on a salary of over £3m a year. However, Ibra’s manager said that there was no such deal in place.

"I don’t know who wrote that but it’s completely wrong," said Raiola. "We are not discussing anything – we have a contract at the moment and both ourselves and Juve are very happy with it.

"The player is content too," he added. "He isn’t playing with contract thoughts at the back of his mind. Juventus’ directors are experts and they know when and how to go about striking new agreements."

Ibrahimovic has been a huge hit since signing from Ajax for £11.5m in the summer of 2004. He scored 16 goals in 35 appearances last term, helping Juve to the Scudetto in his first year in Serie A.

This season, although he has not been as prolific in front of goal, he has cemented his berth in the first team under Coach Fabio Capello, who is a huge admirer of the silky skills and creative link-up play of the tall 24-year-old.

The Sweden international’s contract doesn’t run out until 2008, but the Bianconeri are sure to secure the long-term services of their new icon when the time is right. Not that he is short of admirers.

Real Madrid, Chelsea, Barcelona and Manchester United could financially net the fiery Scandinavian, but whether or not the striker would want to leave Italy is another matter.

"You wouldn’t have to be a genius to find a club that would be interested in Zlatan," continued Raiola. "But there are only four in the world that could afford him and I don’t think he would want to join any of them anyway."<br><br>Source: Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com

Geof

May 14, 2004
bringhomedavids said:
Pay him what he wants we gotta keep him.

hope this isnt the juventus trend of selling their stars to make a profit
hey he didn't refuse anything. They're just playing down some rumours who said he was to sign a new contract

bar&#305;&#351;

i think he will accept 3.5 or 4 but we must extend his contract anyway. we could`t lose him.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
sallyinzaghi said:
I dont see the necessity of extending the contract. Lets just see how things end up
I'm with you on this one. Let him finish the season before we need to extend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)