No more Golden goal (2 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Silver goal was first implemented in the UEFA Cup final between Porto and Celtic IIRC. The golden goal first came into play when Bierhoff scored against the Czechs to win Euro 96

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
Only in Champions league and uefa cup.
thank you.

its damn stupid when different competitions have different rules. i dont care about league cups and stuff, but all majors should be the same. blatter, go on a date with lac's octopus :groan:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by «ƒÕ®zå JüV€» ] ++
ugh i hate golden balls it seem to haunt the italians everywhre although somitmes silver balls are purly just booring!
Actually, silver goals can make the game pretty bloody exciting, because the conceding team knows that their only purpose in life is to score another goal or two. That's when pot-shots and crazy long balls start coming in :eek:

Aug 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

Actually, silver goals can make the game pretty bloody exciting, because the conceding team knows that their only purpose in life is to score another goal or two. That's when pot-shots and crazy long balls start coming in :eek:
well somtimes it could get very exciting but i was just giving an example form the cl final but im sure not many games are like that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)