No more drunk calls (1 Viewer)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Because maybe something like half of the active population here are frequent drinkers, I thought you can find this interesting

Cell phone hangs up on drunken dialers
Last modified: November 30, 2004, 8:20 PM PST
By Iain Ferguson
Special to CNET News.com

Ever woken up one morning with a raging hangover that was promptly worsened by the memory of the drunken cell phone call to the ex at 3 a.m.?

If the memory is not painful enough, the aftermath--potentially involving apologies, restraining orders, a "friendly visit" from the ex's new partner (who is probably either a black belt in Zen Do Kai or a leading underworld figure) and sundry other humiliations--adds to the agony.

Amid the flurry of capped plans, bundling and discounting characterizing the pre-Christmas mobile marketplace, Australia's Virgin Mobile has sought to differentiate itself with a service tailored to help people avoid making those embarrassing drunken calls.

A survey of 409 people by Virgin Mobile, a joint venture of The Virgin Group and Optus, found 95 percent made drunken phone calls. Of those calls, 30 percent were to ex-partners, 19 percent to current partners, and 36 percent to other people, including their bosses.

The company said that, beginning Wednesday, Virgin Mobile customers could dial 333 plus a phone number they don't want to call when drunk. Virgin Mobile would--for a 25-cent fee--stop all calls to that number by blacklisting it until 6 a.m. the following day.

The move comes amid an intensifying price war between mobile players to secure customers, exemplified Tuesday by a flurry of announcements. Virgin is launching a new AU$45 (about $35) monthly cap that includes up to AU$200 (about $155) worth of mobile services, while rival Vodafone also launched a new AU$49 (about $38) cap that would allow customers to use up to AU$230 (about $178) worth of services.

For its part, Optus touted a service allowing its customers to call overseas on their mobiles for the cost of a local call.

Source

Great idea :D I hate trying to remember who I called and what I told them when Im drunk. I have a friend that ALWAYS calls her mother when shes drunk. She's a freak

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
Because maybe something like half of the active population here are frequent drinkers, I thought you can find this interesting

Cell phone hangs up on drunken dialers
Last modified: November 30, 2004, 8:20 PM PST
By Iain Ferguson
Special to CNET News.com

Ever woken up one morning with a raging hangover that was promptly worsened by the memory of the drunken cell phone call to the ex at 3 a.m.?

If the memory is not painful enough, the aftermath--potentially involving apologies, restraining orders, a "friendly visit" from the ex's new partner (who is probably either a black belt in Zen Do Kai or a leading underworld figure) and sundry other humiliations--adds to the agony.

Amid the flurry of capped plans, bundling and discounting characterizing the pre-Christmas mobile marketplace, Australia's Virgin Mobile has sought to differentiate itself with a service tailored to help people avoid making those embarrassing drunken calls.

A survey of 409 people by Virgin Mobile, a joint venture of The Virgin Group and Optus, found 95 percent made drunken phone calls. Of those calls, 30 percent were to ex-partners, 19 percent to current partners, and 36 percent to other people, including their bosses.

The company said that, beginning Wednesday, Virgin Mobile customers could dial 333 plus a phone number they don't want to call when drunk. Virgin Mobile would--for a 25-cent fee--stop all calls to that number by blacklisting it until 6 a.m. the following day.

The move comes amid an intensifying price war between mobile players to secure customers, exemplified Tuesday by a flurry of announcements. Virgin is launching a new AU$45 (about $35) monthly cap that includes up to AU$200 (about $155) worth of mobile services, while rival Vodafone also launched a new AU$49 (about $38) cap that would allow customers to use up to AU$230 (about $178) worth of services.

For its part, Optus touted a service allowing its customers to call overseas on their mobiles for the cost of a local call.

Source

Great idea :D I hate trying to remember who I called and what I told them when Im drunk. I have a friend that ALWAYS calls her mother when shes drunk. She's a freak
:LOL:

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Hahah my mother called me on the cellphone and I dont even remember that I talked with her. She said that she was worried about me when I woke up. Man I was fvcked up, I cant even remember how I came home. I think a friend drove me home, or I walked home. I hope no drunk girl took advantage of me ;)

Gogeta

Jan 20, 2004
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
Hahah my mother called me on the cellphone and I dont even remember that I talked with her. She said that she was worried about me when I woke up. Man I was fvcked up, I cant even remember how I came home. I think a friend drove me home, or I walked home. I hope no drunk girl took advantage of me ;)
Hey it happens:cheesy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)