No matter who we sign (1 Viewer)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Zebina doesnt use 100% of his "fearsome athletical capabilities",
he was good enough this season,
he covered our back and maby did one of his best seasons in his life but there are no garanties that he will repeat that next year.
Gianni/Appiah/Blasi/Tacchi are usefull tools,
but not the players that will do the dif in the midfield,
they have limitations,
when the rest of the team(composed of world class players) is forcing 110%, they might not be able to follow
and most important offer smth special that will help to make the dif on a v.important mach with an opponent of 11world class players.

We have two weaks and Moggi-Cap know that and they said they ll take care of it.

However i believe that Juve's biggest broblem is bench depth,
we have a good enough first eleven but we lack of back up solutions,
some players dont have any decent back up solutions at all,
for a team wich is interested to have a first role in Europe and italy its vital to have players ready to replace the suspended/injured stars, because one mach may make the dif and affect the entire season.

I believe there is a need for transfers this year and i am not happy and relaxed waching my team (wich main goal is CL) buying players like Kovac/Gianni/Mozart

those players are good enough to give us another title but they cant make the dif on CL,
i m worried and i wait for the players that are going to give that extra10-20%

it depends on somebody's goals, if u have no intetions to CL than stay back relaxed,
we can competitive for the Italian title with this material

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juve-Nuts

May 31, 2005
++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++

I've heard of Xmas tree formations and some other sorts of scheisse that coaches do, but this is... ridiculous!
LOL i totally agree, its a completely imbalanced formation, every1 wud jus run us ragged down the right (their left)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
------------------Gigi

--- Zebina--Thuram---Canna
---------------------------------------Zambro

----------Emo-----Ghianni

Camo----------------------------Mutu/neddy

-----------------------Zlatan
------------Trez

OP
Togon

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #24
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve-Nuts ] ++

LOL i totally agree, its a completely imbalanced formation, every1 wud jus run us ragged down the right (their left)

why???

formations are only simmetrical in theory, never in reality.

zambro played more upfront than Zebina this year. and our defence was rock solid.

3 defenders doesnt mean that they are standing in equal distances from eachother like points in a grid, as Zebina is needed more on the right, he will play closer to the line (as it is clearly visible in my formation, look it up again) , if Zambro needs cover up, than Canna will help on the left as he did so many times this season.

(Basically thats what we played this season)

Furthermore Camoranesis activity rarely lets the oposing left beck to concentrate on attacking and usualy draws the leftmidfielder as well.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Cronios ] ++
    Zebina doesnt use 100% of his "fearsome athletical capabilities",
    he was good enough this season,
    he covered our back and maby did one of his best seasons in his life but there are no garanties that he will repeat that next year.
    Gianni/Appiah/Blasi/Tacchi are usefull tools,
    but not the players that will do the dif in the midfield,
    they have limitations,
    when the rest of the team(composed of world class players) is forcing 110%, they might not be able to follow
    and most important offer smth special that will help to make the dif on a v.important mach with an opponent of 11world class players.

We have two weaks and Moggi-Cap know that and they said they ll take care of it.

However i believe that Juve's biggest broblem is bench depth,
    we have a good enough first eleven but we lack of back up solutions,
    some players dont have any decent back up solutions at all,
    for a team wich is interested to have a first role in Europe and italy its vital to have players ready to replace the suspended/injured stars, because one mach may make the dif and affect the entire season.

I believe there is a need for transfers this year and i am not happy and relaxed waching my team (wich main goal is CL) buying players like Kovac/Gianni/Mozart

those players are good enough to give us another title but they cant make the dif on CL,
    i m worried and i wait for the players that are going to give that extra10-20%

it depends on somebody's goals, if u have no intetions to CL than stay back relaxed,
    we can competitive for the Italian title with this material
    Agree on our weaknesses.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Togon ] ++

why???

formations are only simmetrical in theory, never in reality.

zambro played more upfront than Zebina this year. and our defence was rock solid.

3 defenders doesnt mean that they are standing in equal distances from eachother like points in a grid, as Zebina is needed more on the right, he will play closer to the line (as it is clearly visible in my formation, look it up again) , if Zambro needs cover up, than Canna will help on the left as he did so many times this season.

(Basically thats what we played this season)

Furthermore Camoranesis activity rarely lets the oposing left beck to concentrate on attacking and usualy draws the leftmidfielder as well.
    I think that our defence was not so good as it should be..we allow some very stupid goals,and one part of the season it looks to me that we are playing on 2-1 against any club we have as our opponents.We score one even twice and than we allow some stupid goal.
    Our defence is good (thanx to Canna) but we still need to improve our defence and we will not manage that by shoping the players like kovac.

OP
    Togon

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #27
    ++ [ originally posted by giovanotti ] ++

I think that our defence was not so good as it should be..we allow some very stupid goals,and one part of the season it looks to me that we are playing on 2-1 against any club we have as our opponents.We score one even twice and than we allow some stupid goal.
    Our defence is good (thanx to Canna) but we still need to improve our defence and we will not manage that by shoping the players like kovac.
    i think probably you are the only one who isnt satisfied with Juve's defence.

juve conceeded the fewest goals in italy this season

OP
    Togon

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #28

Yeah thanx to Cannavaro who is obviously surrounded by crap defenders....

... like Zambrotta, Thuram or Buffon (and Zebina but i am sure you dont like him)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Togon ] ++

Yeah thanx to Cannavaro who is obviously surrounded by crap defenders....

... like Zambrotta, Thuram or Buffon (and Zebina but i am sure you dont like him)
    Firs of all Buffon is keeper and I respect him much more than anyone else in our team.He is some kind God for me.But if you have crap defence there is much more work for the keeper and,logical conclusion, much more allowed goals.
    That was the case ,last season,and this season we only brought Cannavaro and the thing is much much better.I think that all of the forum memebers can agree with that.
    I don't think that Zambro is shit,as you conclude,He as GREAT IMO,I only said that we need to improve our defence(thinking on our centreal defence),Thuram is old he will retire after the incoming season,Montero is leaving ,Iuliano left,Legro apparently sucks or doesn't fit to our defence,Ferrara retired....these are the reasons why I said the thing which you criticise!

OP
    Togon

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #30

"I think that our defence was not so good as it should be.. we allow some very stupid goals,and one part of the season it looks to me that we are playing on 2-1 against any club we have as our opponents.We score one even twice and than we allow some stupid goal.
    Our defence is good (thanx to Canna) but we still need to improve our defence and we will not manage that by shoping the players like kovac."

"Firs of all Buffon is keeper and I respect him much more than anyone else in our team.He is some kind God for me.But if you have crap defence there is much more work for the keeper and,logical conclusion, much more allowed goals.
    That was the case ,last season,and this season we only brought Cannavaro and the thing is much much better .I think that all of the forum memebers can agree with that.
    I don't think that Zambro is shit,as you conclude,He as GREAT IMO,I only said that we need to improve our defence(thinking on our centreal defence),Thuram is old he will retire after the incoming season,Montero is leaving ,Iuliano left,Legro apparently sucks or doesn't fit to our defence,Ferrara retired....these are the reasons why I said the thing which you criticise!"

Come on mate, you said that our defence is kinda good, though still bad, but anyway it all comes down to Cannavaro. You say that Cannavaro makes our defence good which is true, as true as to say that Zambrotta makes our def. good, or Thuram, or Gigi.

--------------Chimenti

birindelli-canna-montero-pesotto

that would be awesome you think?

Of course Canna was a huge impact, because he filled a spot which was basically empty. Our defence was bad because of montero, or tudor, or legro playing last season.

You also forget that juve signed Zebina as well (i think most forum members can agree with that).

Our defence needs cover up players of course, but i would rather call it maintainance than improvment.

All in all defence was the strong point of the team, as we conceeded the fewest goals last season.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004

How good our defense should be ??? Do you are kind enough to name three european teams with best defense than us ??
    There is any other team with less conceded goals in Italy ??

Turn to facts. Numbers indicate we have one of the best performing defense in world of football.....as good as they get.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
    I think our defence was perfect that season but I'm a fraid of a situation like 2004 after 2003.Remember, in 2003 we had great defence and one year later with the same players we were bad

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    It was because of the Davids factor,
    now the Emo factor wont allow our defence to colapse,
    we only need a world class RB with great defensive and offencive abilities to make the best defence of EU without anymore arguements

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    A more solid player who can help Emo would help too,
    imagine a player who wont make mistakes like Appiah/blasi and wont create the deadly for us counterattacks giving the ball away to the opponents,
    or even the unimagined Vieira-Emerson twin wich would make the life of Thuram-Canna much easier

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
    Gilberto Silva ? He hardly ever makes a mistake, and apparently Arsenal hardly ever lost a game whenever he is in the team.

OP
    Togon

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #37
    moyart would be perfect next to emo, more attacking still a good, robust force on the midfield.

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    We obviously have a lack of cover defensively seeing as the others (Leggrotaglie/Iuliano/Tudor/montero/Ferara) have gone. I see another 3 being lined up defensively, ok maybe 2 supposedly chiellini's coming & crusty kovac in which i havent seen at all (has he signed?) Trez/ zala out- cassano in. not sure whats goin on with the midfield to be honest, as long as Blasi aint a part of it then im fine. Whats happened to Mascherano? Has he died or something seeing as His name aint been mentioned in a long time.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by tassard ] ++
    I think our defence was perfect that season but I'm a fraid of a situation like 2004 after 2003.Remember, in 2003 we had great defence and one year later with the same players we were bad
    Exactly!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)