Nike making Problems For Juve (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP

sutnop

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #22
    would never buy the original kit by
    Nike but gladly a replica at the Delle ALpi

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    What!!!!:(

Sori if i post weirdly.... diddn't read the entire thread....

ok, here goes....

Why should we b affected when the conflict is between the nations of the sponsors? This is ridiculous!

If Nike wants us to break away from Tamoil, obvioulsy they should hv to compansate for whatever that break away will cost us! So what if we signed the Tamoil deal after the NIke deal? There isn't any contact/law/rule or whatever u call it that says that we can't do so is there? US and Lybia don't get along has notthing to do with us. So 2 situations if we signed the Tamoil deal after the Nike deal

Nike should have spoken at that time before we finished the tamoil deal.

If they diddn't speak up then, i dun think they will be in the right to do so only now

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    it all depends on what the contract reads....we dont know, so now, i dont know what to think.....both sides have valid points.

Sep 28, 2002
    i'm a lawyer :D
    but i don't know this sphere really well.

actually, if tamoil deal was signed after nike deal and sanctions on libya were already active then this shouldn't be juve's problem. nike had to protest against it in some way but they did nothing. another thing. this is us law and tho it cannot be implied on juventus, which is italian team. that is nike's problem, not juve's so basically nike cannot enforce juventus to break contract with tamoil

on the other hand tamoil is dictator company. everyone cries about nike taking advantage of chinese etc buy paying them pennies and making millions. tamoil imo is no better. their logo does not give juve any prestige.

fvck, i'll be a terrinle lawyer :down:

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
    Haha don't worry about it man.

But why does Nike Italia have to follow US Law? Just because Nike is based in US, doesn't mean say, a Nike branch in Italy has to follow US Laws right?

The laws of each countries are different, so Nike isn't breaking Italian law, nor the World law by putting the Tamoil logo on their shirts :)

Or, why not Nike just break the law and pay a fine? :D

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    @Fliakis:

:LOL: no, i'm sure u'll be a great lawer, just need to study/work hard ;) :) ......... for example going to research for us abt this topic ;)

@s0ftcore:

I think that Nike Italia will have to follow US law cos in the end they are only a branch and are owned under the umbrella of Nike Company which is a US comapny.

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
    Sigh, I hope the matter can resolved. Maybe they could file an appeal and make an exception with Tamoil on Juve shirts, on the grounds that Juve and Tamoil are tied by a contract, and maybe they could say, sale of the shirts with the Tamoil logo will not be allowed in US.

If the US of A don't want the shirt, it doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't.

Hehe, I know the rest of you guys dislike the Tamoil logo, but it looks quite ok actually. Everytime I see it, I get hungry because it looks like some cookie logo. X_X

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    Anyway, Screw Nike, if they dont like it, they should tear up the 12 year Contract and compinsate juve for this inconvenience.
    Majed, is that you? :)
    Neway yea, i totally agree, they shud shove all their hangups where the sun dont shine and make a move. ASAP.

P.S: Kappa Marketing are u listening?!

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

Sorry, but i think Nike are dumber and ignorant.

If they really give two $hits about US law, They wouldn't have signed with juve to begin with. They should know that Al-Saadi Al-Qaddafi Owns 7% Shares in Juve! :rolleyes: :doh:

They are the ones who have the problem, not juve, so nike should fix the problem and be responsible for it.
    The restrictions are on their side. US law is US Law and should only be upheld by US companies. US Law is not World Law.
    Good point there Maj. When Nike are in negotiations with a big club like Juve, its for them to realize, that being an american company, they should list american sanctions(hangups) as part of the contract and make clear the terms and conditions for the present as well as the future. Knowing well enough that big clubs like Juve could have sponsors from anywhere in the world. So at the end of the day, it may be US law, but its Nike who has to abide by it, not Juve. So absolutely, Nike must stand up and take blame for the situation, in either case they must bear this monetary loss, or gracefully pull out of a contract with due compensation. :rolleyes:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

Good point there Maj. When Nike are in negotiations with a big club like Juve, its for them to realize, that being an american company, they should list american sanctions(hangups) as part of the contract and make clear the terms and conditions for the present as well as the future. Knowing well enough that big clubs like Juve could have sponsors from anywhere in the world. So at the end of the day, it may be US law, but its Nike who has to abide by it, not Juve. So absolutely, Nike must stand up and take blame for the situation, in either case they must bear this monetary loss, or gracefully pull out of a contract with due compensation. :rolleyes:
    i do stand by my words (the ones you just quoted to be specific), but i think Shadowfax does have a point because i think Juve Already signed with Nike a couple of years ago. in other words, they sidned long before juve signed a contract with Tamoil.

it really all depends on what each contract looks like....

but Yes baggio, please dont be surprized. i know many of youl branded the name "Nike Employer" on me from the other threads about the kit. it bothered be because i'm not too fond of nike, but i do admit that the kit "look" great.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    but well sens Libya is apologising for the reason it was sanction to begin(wich i wont go into) then it seems this might coming to an end, Libya have sent an official letter to UN and it seems Usa have accepted it, now the only obstacle seems to be the noisy french who allways wants their own cut of the cake.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    I don't think it's a huge problem .. Juve will have to play in the CL with the Tamoil logo but without Nike's (like they did in the SuperCup) .. and Nike will not manufacture CL shirts to be available to fans, which doesn't make much difference in the Sales department I believe because any Juve supporter could buy the Scudetto shirt instead (no Tamoil logo, only Fastweb + Nike) ..

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

i do stand by my words (the ones you just quoted to be specific), but i think Shadowfax does have a point because i think Juve Already signed with Nike a couple of years ago. in other words, they sidned long before juve signed a contract with Tamoil.

it really all depends on what each contract looks like....
    Yes, Juve signed the contract couple of years ago. But being such a long standing contract, and Nike being US. They must be sensible enough to see that political sanctions could be an issue. After all like i said, Juve are a world class club team, that means, they could have sponsorship from anywhere in the world. Although you'd least expect it from a libyan company, but nevertheless its a possibility, right? And 12 years is a long time, which means there will be political changes, sanctions may be lifted or pressed, hence a contract like this should be able to be altered because of such political implications.
    Which is why Nike are responsible for any damages in this case.

but Yes baggio, please dont be surprized. i know many of youl branded the name "Nike Employer" on me from the other threads about the kit. it bothered be because i'm not too fond of nike, but i do admit that the kit "look" great.
    Hey dun worry dude, let bygones be bygones. Nobody can grudge a good looking kit, cant blame u if u liked how it looked. And anyways we judge a kit by its looks first and then the manafacturer. So chill. :thumb:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

Yes, Juve signed the contract couple of years ago. But being such a long standing contract, and Nike being US. They must be sensible enough to see that political sanctions could be an issue. After all like i said, Juve are a world class club team, that means, they could have sponsorship from anywhere in the world. Although you'd least expect it from a libyan company, but nevertheless its a possibility, right? And 12 years is a long time, which means there will be political changes, sanctions may be lifted or pressed, hence a contract like this should be able to be altered because of such political implications.
    Which is why Nike are responsible for any damages in this case.

Hey dun worry dude, let bygones be bygones. Nobody can grudge a good looking kit, cant blame u if u liked how it looked. And anyways we judge a kit by its looks first and then the manafacturer. So chill. :thumb:
    Good Points :thumb: ....your finally learning how to develope an Argument ;)

:D j/k .... Glad you gave your 2 cents about the matter :)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003

Good Points :thumb: ....your finally learning how to develope an Argument ;)

:D j/k .... Glad you gave your 2 cents about the matter :)
    :LOL: Either that, or you've finally learnt an argument can have two sides to it. :LOL:

J\K!!

BTW - just got off watchg Man U V Bolton. Ronaldo reminds me a lot of Dp for some reason in his style of play.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    This is all crazy .....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didnt we have Tamoil as a sponsor last season in the CL ????

So, we had a deal with them before the Nike agreement, right ??? If that was the case, Nike should have stated in the agreement that Tamoil would be replaced this season, because an upstanding company like Nike cannot be assosiated with terrorists, only with slavery.......

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)