Nike making Problems For Juve (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sutnop

Apr 24, 2003
Previously a couple of years back when we got Lotto as a sponsor for I was ofcourse sad it wasn't Kappa or Diadora or any other cool brand,

but at the same time happy it wasn't Nike!

I said its good for Juve to have a small company as a sponsor so that we can control and run them

And not have Nike or Adiddas who control and run us...

:eek:
So now it has finally happend...

Nike is giving us problem about our sponsor Tamoil
Who they say can't be on our shirts, now either way this will be a huge loss for Juve.
Nike refuses which means

1. Juve has to find a new sponsor and negioate a new deal in very little time, Result will be that the future sponsor will probably get a cut price deal since Juve hasn't got time to negioate for better and
We will lose out on alot of the income

2. Juve has to break the sponsorship contract with Tamoil which will cost us, a huge fine or fee for contract breaking now this contract was signed last year for a couple of years so it means if we break the deal of only after one year there will be a lot of money gone here too

Naturally I think Nike should pay for any fee/fine we will get for breaking our sponsorship deal with Tamoil.

I also think Nike should be accounted to pay for the diffrence in what our new sponor will pay for CL and Coppa matches compared to our old.
Example (made up numbers)
Tamoil pays 8x a year
New Sponsor 5x a year

Then Nike Should pay Juve 3x a year to make up for the difference

A New this was going to happen
when we got the ruthless despotic expansionist called Nike as our shirt manufacutrer
but no its too late

I just hope our very skilled Directors
Stand Firm in Negioations

It is Times like this
I really miss
Giovanni Agnelli....
:frown: :down:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

sutnop

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    who cares abouit the looks of the kit

when our club is about to lose 100millions of dollars which in turn will mean that we might not be able to afford say an extension of Davids contract...

Because of what Nike has done....
    I mean IMO it would be more ok to have 6ugly lotto logos they could even mess with our sacred colors rather then
    messing up our sponsor deals
    this really kills in this day and age...

Before Shirt Sponsor Revenue wasn't such a big thing
    but in the past years it has become one of the most Important sources of income

I read a magazine where it said
    !. Pouta Madrid are first
    Followed by Man U
    then Bayern
    And then Juve
    and then Milan....

so this will make us weaker against the fiercest competition

if not one of the directors drives a Tuff bargain like I knew Agnelli would of done...

Agnelli would of gotten Addidas on line 2, and if Nike would accept to pay for whatever losses
    their adolocent decesion might of cost us...

He would Tearup the contract take them to court and sign with Adidas having Adidas pay for whatever leagal costs we would have with Nike...

I Just hope one of the Others Directors like Romy Gai or Giruado keep Juve's interest high here...

And not their own....

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    I'm more Pis$ed off about the reason Nike doesn't want Tamoil :groan: (but that's political so i won't go any ferther)

Anyway, Screw Nike, if they dont like it, they should tear up the 12 year Contract and compinsate juve for this inconvenience.

then Maybe juve could sign a one year Deal with Lotto again so juve could have time to negotiate with other sponsors (Puma :D ).

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    Firstly, I am as anti nike as anyone and will never buy a nike product.

However in this case you are well off the mark.

Firstly our nike contract was drawn up and agreed prior to us signing tamoil.

Juventus signed tamoil without looking into the position it would put us in with nike.

It is not nikes decision not to produce a shirt sponsored by tamoil.... It is US law.

No US company can produce this shirt due to the sanctions on libya

It is law , nike can do nothing about it and if Juve had taken notice of a law everyone knows about and not been stupid enough to sign tamoil when they had already agreed the nike contract... then we would not now be in this position.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
    Firstly, I am as anti nike as anyone and will never buy a nike product.

However in this case you are well off the mark.

Firstly our nike contract was drawn up and agreed prior to us signing tamoil.

Juventus signed tamoil without looking into the position it would put us in with nike.

It is not nikes decision not to produce a shirt sponsored by tamoil.... It is US law.

No US company can produce this shirt due to the sanctions on libya

It is law , nike can do nothing about it and if Juve had taken notice of a law everyone knows about and not been stupid enough to sign tamoil when they had already agreed the nike contract... then we would not now be in this position.
    Sorry, but i think Nike are dumber and ignorant.

If they really give two $hits about US law, They wouldn't have signed with juve to begin with. They should know that Al-Saadi Al-Qaddafi Owns 7% Shares in Juve! :rolleyes: :doh:

They are the ones who have the problem, not juve, so nike should fix the problem and be responsible for it.
    The restrictions are on their side. US law is US Law and should only be upheld by US companies. US Law is not World Law.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    The nike deal was signed before he bought the shares.
    And even then that doesnt matter as nike did a deal to sponsor an italian club... we aint libyan and never will be.

No ones saying its world law.. the simple fact is NIKE cannot make that jersey

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    And even then that doesnt matter as nike did a deal to sponsor an italian club... we aint libyan and never will be.
    Why didn't nike make a problem about it back then when he bought those shares?!
    Obviously nike had no idea of it because Juve already played the SupperCoppa Italiana Game IN THE US with the Tamoil Sponsor.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

No ones saying its world law.. the simple fact is NIKE cannot make that jersey
    O.K ...there's no question about that. but i think Nike should be held responsible financially since they are the side with the restriction.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

Why didn't nike make a problem about it back then when he bought those shares?!
    Obviously nike had no idea of it because Juve already played the SupperCoppa Italiana Game IN THE US with the Tamoil Sponsor.
    The shares dont matter... nike has no problem with one of our share holders being libyan... It is purely that nike cannot by law brealk us sanctions by their product advertising a libyan company.

Yes and that was a one off game with all traces of the nike brand removed from the shirt... (Motif, labels etc)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

O.K ...there's no question about that. but i think Nike should be held responsible financially since they are the side with the restriction.
    Why, when we signed a sponsor knowing full well that our upcoming shirt manufacturer could not make that jersey

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

The shares dont matter... nike has no problem with one of our share holders being libyan... It is purely that nike cannot by law brealk us sanctions by their product advertising a libyan company.

Yes and that was a one off game with all traces of the nike brand removed from the shirt... (Motif, labels etc)
    good point...i forgot that juve ironed that scudetto patches over the nike logo...

OP

sutnop

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18
    Firstly Shadowfax doesn't score any bonus points with me calling the Juve management DUmb

They are probably the smartest, cleverest and schredewst football management in the whole World in my humble honest opinon.

I completley agree with Majed, ITs Nikes problem they are the ones that are Americans and therefor have to dicriminate against certain countries or companies...

If Giovanni Agnelli was alive he would of probably just fixed it by saying either Nike open up an Italian Daughter Company like N Italia, and have them manufacutre the shirts,

or Tamoil have start a daughter company called Tamoil Italia and have Nike pay for any inconvinence this might cause...

I don't think its Juve or Tamoil that should be held responsible since it is Nike who has got the restrictions...

Another disgusting thing is circulating this do the press, having Nike look like the good guys who will absolutley refuse to print anything with the
    Evil Evil :cheesy: Tamoil on, and having Juventus looking like the bad guy who will get sponsored by the devil if he pays the most.....

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Why, when we signed a sponsor knowing full well that our upcoming shirt manufacturer could not make that jersey
    If it's true that We signed the Nike Deal well before the Tamoil Deal, then i think it's reasonable that juve pay for it....Point taken :)

Nike upholding US law is one thing is important.....butt this doesn't mean that we'd have to agree with this law :groan:

OP

sutnop

Apr 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #20

WRONG!!!
    This isn't our problem

WHy should we bother reading what political restrictions our upcoming manufacutror might have and what disadvantages that might give us!

Maybe we should just get Armani or Dolce & Gabbana to produce the shirts

This way they will both look good and not give us any trouble
    and they will be made in ITaly

And not in Some Slave Factory in Rural China

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)