Nicolas Anelka (1 Viewer)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
And you conducted that from a 20 minute cameo against Atalanta? He did ok, wonderful touch and style, but apart from that yellow card he earned for Atalanta, I wouldn't say he did anything out of the ordinary.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
And you conducted that from a 20 minute cameo against Atalanta? He did ok, wonderful touch and style, but apart from that yellow card he earned for Atalanta, I wouldn't say he did anything out of the ordinary.
None of our strikers have been doing anything out of the ordinary this year, except for Quags and Vuci on very rare occasions :D .

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Yea, let him play the TiM trophy and then return to China.

Common, the guy is 33. What good is it keeping him here? Unless he's here as a sixth striker.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
None of our strikers have been doing anything out of the ordinary this year, except for Quags and Vuci on very rare occasions :D .
That last game against Palermo Quag came on, about 10 minutes to go and with his first touch he created a very good chance and with his second rattled the crossbar out of nowhere, now that's an impact sub. :D Anelka played good 20 something minutes, but passed the ball to Giaccherini way too often :p

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I hope we sign Anelka, I still rate him he still has the touch and he's better than all our strikers
He got around 600k for 6 months. If he's okay with 1 million/season, I'd give him a one year contract.

I'd sell Quag (2.1 million/season), Matri (2.2 million/season) and return Bendtner to his owner.

Anelka, Giovinco, Vucinic, Llorente, Higuain.

Furino

Dec 31, 2012
Guys, I know that play of our strikers is very frustrating, but be resonable. Sign Anelka for another season? 34 years old depth backup, who often can't make match squad because his injuries. He played 45 minutes in Juventus so far (CL + Serie A). It's like with Beltrame. If somebody play rarely, you can't rly judge him, but we do that, in our cases - too much optimistic.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Yea, let him play the TiM trophy and then return to China.

Common, the guy is 33. What good is it keeping him here? Unless he's here as a sixth striker.
He's 34 and has loads of experience. If he can take another season as a reserve striker I'd keep him. Especially if he's fit. He'd probably still be playing for a team in the Premier League right now if it wasn't for all the money they offered him in China.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)