Nicola Legrottaglie (2 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2006
Legro satisfied with Juve defence Monday 23 August, 2010

Nicola Legrottaglie is satisfied with the shift Juventus put in defensively against Milan in the Berlusconi Trophy last night.

Juventus didn’t concede in normal time and went on to win 5-4 on penalties.

Speaking to the Juventus Channel, Legrottaglie said: “We are happy because we put on the pitch what we tried in training. This must be the objective in every game.

'We didn’t give away any evident goal scoring opportunities to Milan while we had some chances ourselves.

“Anyway, the result seems about right. We cannot but be satisfied and are now thinking about the upcoming games.”

Source: FI
----------------

:crazy:

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Nicola Legrottaglie: Champions League Qualification Is The Minimum Objective For Juventus

Juventus defender Nicola Legrottaglie has told the press that the club must reach next season's Champions League after a dismal 2009-10 campaign and also commented on some changes in personnel throughout the squad.

"Inter and Milan are in front of Juve. The Rossoneri have sent a message with [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic," he said in an interview with Sky.

"Our minimum target is to improve on last season and qualify for the Champions League, apart from doing well in the Europa League too."

Some of the Bianconeri's long-time servants, like David Trezeguet and Mauro Camoranesi, left the club this summer. However, the 33-year-old decided to stay on with the Turin giants.

"I thank them and say goodbye with great affection. They are and were a part of my life, but football can change like this. They have started a different chapter of their career," mused the veteran centre-back.

"I tried a few years ago [with loan spells at Bologna and Siena], but when you leave Juventus you notice the difference, in the level of organisation, the fans. You feel torn away from the shirt and I think that's why it's difficult to leave."

Coach Luigi Del Neri's first-choice pairing would seem to be Giorgio Chiellini and Leonardo Bonucci in central defence, leaving the former Chievo Verona star on the bench but Legrottaglie is determined to regain his starting spot.

"Bonucci is the starter? I think in two years alongside Giorgio we played two good seasons. However, these are choices I am required to accept, but at the same time I won't give up because I believe in what I do on the field and will fight to regain my place," he added.

"These days, having three or four centre-backs who can play well is important for a team that challenges until May."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/ital...ttaglie-champions-league-qualification-is-the

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)