Nicola Legrottaglie (2 Viewers)

Jun 7, 2003
I do not really visit this forum very match i dont post regularly. I dont have any time for that. But this Thread is very important to me haha:D :D i searched already the forum for a official Legro Thread but i didnt found one. So that was my Intro.

Now to question why does Legro dont play??? He was one of the best defenders in Serie A once. Whe had luck that we got him, alltough his first season was not very good. He was an International. I dont think that someone loses his abilities. So in my opinion DD should show a little more trust in him. Like all the Coaching Stuff. When we bought him he was very demanded. Roma and Milan were also interested but we had Moggi.

If my Topic is dispensable or needless or in the wrong section excuse me.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GoldenH

Jul 28, 2006
I agree that Legro was a highly rated player when we got him, and even though the first and only season he played with us was a disaster for him, and the season was not so good for the rest of the team either, I still don't think he can bounce back to the level he was on before we got him, as that one season he played with us really shattered his confidence and probaly partly even the teams confidence in him, and most of all the fans confidence in him.
I think he's a good reserve, but he'll never shine again, even though i hope he proves me wrong.

OP
suligodsilla
Jun 7, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    But he should be given a chance. After that desastrious season which you mentioned he didnt really ever played regularly. I like him very much he is tall and a very good header skills that a Full Back needs. In that season Juventus was very offensive. So the defence was not taken so serious and we were under Lippi. Capello built a new defence with Cannavaro and Thuram. Cannavaro was also in the same situation in Inter when he came to Juve and proved his critics wrong. I hope also Legro will come back.

Apr 15, 2007
    He is a very old man now lol, Palermo should buy him, after last nights performance against Inter our attack was superb then looking back on our Defence after we where winning 2-0 it seemed to fade we need to get some expieriance in the defence, we Drew 2-2 with a team that has gone about 23 games unbeaten. but after recent performances this is rubbish.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    Legro is crap and we should sell him asap. You obviously don´t follow Juventus very often.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    Probably isn't still up there for Juventus starting 11. But he isn't crap.
    OK, he is not crap, the main point is we don´t need him anymore, even for the bench. This season he was used a few times and everytime he failed to deliver, whether he entered from the bench or he started in the first 11. In a certain way I feel sorry for him because he has that Juventino heart inside him. Tough luck.......

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    there is an interesting situation imo, a player who certainly has the ability but there is a problem with confidence and overall concentration.

the question is whether he could deliver next season when hes needed from the bench? Something that DD will have to answer imo considering that we have a lot of defenders.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    He pleasantly surprised me in last 2 games against 2 tough opponents. But I still think he doesn´t cut it anymore. We´ll see how it turns out....

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
    I would keep him as a sub. We need some bench CB's especially if Kovac and Tudor(who never recovers again:()are leaving the club. Besides him I would also keep Boumsong as a sub or even starter:D I know some of you want to kill me for that but still:D He's underrated imo.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    Boumsong has been in good form lately. I definitely won´t kill you. I´m sick of all bullshit he is getting on the forums....

OP
    suligodsilla
    Jun 7, 2003
  • Thread Starter #20
    Legro is crap and we should sell him asap. You obviously don´t follow Juventus very often.

article from channel4italie:

Nicola Legrottaglie has admitted that he is delighted to be finally giving his contribution to Juventus’ promotion push.

The former Chievo Verona defender has had a torrid time in Turin since his £6m arrival in 2003, but he’s now starting to prove himself.

After recovering from shoulder surgery earlier this term, the former Italian international has impressed in recent matches against firstly Rimini and now Genoa on Saturday.

“I’m still feeling good physically and I’m tranquil about my situation,” noted the 30-year-old. “At this present moment, I have a joy inside of me which is beyond description.”

Juventus took another step towards a Serie A return at the weekend with a 3-1 win over close rivals Genoa.

“The whole team did well against the Rossoblu, a strong rival who play some good football thanks to their Coach,” he continued. “They need to be applauded.”

The Turin giants are now seven points clear of Napoli and eight ahead of Genoa, but the stopper insists there is still work to be done.

“We have done a lot so far this season, but we can’t just sit back and relax now,” concluded the Bari-born defender.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)