Nicola Legrottaglie (21 Viewers)

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Thing I like about Legro, is he's a solid Serie A CB who is willing to sit on the bench, not complain at all about it, come in and do a job. Today he done well. Good stuff.
Definitely, this is his role this season.. not much complaining and solid as backup CB for Serie A.. I don't know whether we should extend his expiring contract for next season as 4th CB or not.. but he is important as backup CB for us this season

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
I think he's one of most underrated players. I remember he has been superb for us for a long time, and at one point one of our most consistent performers. Age is getting to him now but he's always been solid for us and still is barring the days before he was 'reborn' . He should stay indeed.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
He's fine in a game like the one the other night, where Juve are playing in a compact, defensive fashion, so he just has to work in small spaces.

He'll continue to struggle when Juve play weaker, counter attacking sides, as he's likely to get burned when he is left in space against a quick forward.

He's useful, but only in certain circumstances.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
He's fine in a game like the one the other night, where Juve are playing in a compact, defensive fashion, so he just has to work in small spaces.

He'll continue to struggle when Juve play weaker, counter attacking sides, as he's likely to get burned when he is left in space against a quick forward.

He's useful, but only in certain circumstances.
:tup:

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Legrottaglie set for Bari
The whispers linking Juventus stopper Nicola Legrottaglie with a summer move to Bari are getting louder.

The veteran defender, now 34, is out of contract in June 2011 and reports are pairing him with the southern minnows.

Juventus are unlikely to offer the former Italian international a new deal and he is thus set to move on.

Legrottaglie has emotional ties with Bari given that he was born in Gioia del Colle and that he began his career with his hometown club in 1994.

He joined Juventus in 2003 after excelling for Gigi Del Neri’s Chievo Verona.

Bari are said to be ready to offer the born-again Christian a two-year deal at the Stadio San Nicola.

http://www.football-italia.net/nov01x.html

---

Lots to do at the back next summer. I don't believe we'll keep any of the players on loan (Motta, Traore, Rinaudo). 2 CBs, RB, LB...back to square one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)