Nicola Legrottaglie to Lazio? (5 Viewers)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Juventus centre back Nicola Legrottaglie has revealed he is ready to move on from the Turin giants in January's transfer window.

The former Chievo Verona stopper has been frozen out of the club's first team reckoning this season by Bianconeri boss Fabio Capello.

Legrottaglie has only appeared for the Old Lady in UEFA Champions League qualifying and the Coppa Italia this term after an indifferent spell with Juve following his move from Chievo two seasons ago.

The Italy international admits his time with Juve has been difficult and that he is prepared to move on in January to get more first team football.

"Unfortunately, I've had an unlucky period, as it can happen to everyone," Legrottaglie told Corriere dello Sport.

"Last season, I had not given the performances expected. It has been partially my fault and partially I've been blocked by physical problems but Turin's audience expected more.

"Everyone makes mistakes, but mine were exaggerated. I failed in five or six matches and I had everyone against me.

"I've found a hostile environment towards me and I've never had help."

Legrottaglie has been linked with a move to Roma, where his former boss at Chievo - Luigi Delneri - is in charge.

The defender says he has not received any contact from other clubs as yet, but that a move to the Giallorossi or abroad would appeal to him.

"I've never spoken about my future, so this is the first time I speak about the market," he added.

"We must wait until January. I know nothing and I have not had contacts with anyone.

"I don't know what the future can hold for me. I'm already taking into consideration the hypothesis to leave, just to show that I'm reborn.

"Roma? I got close to them two seasons ago.

"This year, I'd have a big motivation because I've a lot of esteem for coach Luigi Delneri.

"Coming back to work with him would be great. It would be one of the best solutions, if I'd have to leave.

"Abroad? I'd like to have a foreigners' experience. It would be great playing in England or in Spain.

"The English one is a championship that for my characteristics would be good."

source: planetfootball.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Villa make Legrottaglie bid
Monday 10 January, 2005

Juventus are considering offers for two defenders who are not part of Fabio Capello’s plans.

Aston Villa have put in a bid for Nicola Legrottaglie, which could see the Italian lured to the Premiership.

The Bianconeri are looking to reduce the size of their squad, and the out of favour stopper has been told that he is free to leave.

The Birmingham based club have this afternoon gone through the terms of their bid with Juve and the player’s agent, and are now waiting for a response from both parties.

Veteran defender Mark Iuliano may also be set for a move overseas as Majorca have expressed an interest.

The Spanish club’s sporting director is set to meet with the former Salernitana player in the next couple of days to discuss terms.

Serie A outfits Siena and Bologna have not entirely lost hope of luring the former international south of Turin, but Iuliano’s high wage demands may scupper any deal.

In other transfer news, Lampros Chouthos has joined Atalanta on loan for the rest of the season.

The Greek, a 25-year-old former Roma player, has moved to Bergamo just months after Inter signed him on a free transfer.

Napoli have also officially signed Emanuele Calaiò from Pescara after he penned a five-year deal.

source: www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia

Aug 10, 2002
Ok lets see as a villa fan i see this as great news we are signing an italy international defender. As a juve fan i know that he isnt that good and has made many mistakes. I dont know what to think on this transfer

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by JuveTrueChamps ] ++
Ok lets see as a villa fan i see this as great news we are signing an italy international defender. As a juve fan i know that he isnt that good and has made many mistakes. I dont know what to think on this transfer

its a win-win for you

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
No! I want to sell him to some EPL team actually...
I just posted how I felt :p and made it sound wrong hehe..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)